Dad Knows | Chpt 65

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

The school had decided to give everyone a long weekend that Thursday and Friday, and I took the train out to see my dad like most people were doing with their families.

"Why can't I come?" Lance whined.

"Because my dad really doesn't know about us like that okay? He still thinks I kind of hate you," I replied, hugging him again.

"Come on please?"

"No. My dad may be better after my mom died, but news of me dating a Slytherin would just drive him over the edge. I don't know why they think like that, they just do. Some old stigma," I said. "I'll see you Monday okay?"

"Okay," he replied, dejected. I turned before he grasped my wrist. "Wait!"

He pulled me into a lavish kiss, tugging me as close to him as possible. I felt him sneak a hand along my backside and I pushed him back.

"Lance!" I squealed and he grinned at me as the train whistle blowed. I hurried onto the train, my lips still tingling. I took a seat, setting my bag beside me.

"Chocolate frogs miss?" A woman asked and I nodded 'no'.

"No thank you, I'm quite alright," I replied, watching her shove the cart down the aisle. I laid my head gently against the window, watching outside. The windows were cold and I could peer through where raindrops left clear streaks through the dewy windows.

I shut my eyes for a moment, hearing and feeling the rumble of the train as it pulled away from the station.

"This seat taken?" I glanced up at a girl, most likely a first or second year, gripping onto the pod doorframe to keep steady. I smiled and nodded, watching her slip into the seat across from me.

In studying her, I noticed she had large, black eyes and pink hair that looked quite natural, so I could only believe it was. Her ears were pointed like Allura's, but she had no Altean marks. She glanced over at me and I held out my hand.

"(Y/n)."

"Florona," she replied smoothly, taking my hand and shaking it.

"I don't mean to be rude, but is that your natural hair color?" I pressed and she nodded.

"I'm part mer, we tend to have colorful hair."

"Wow, part mer? I've never met someone part mer before," I replied.

"We tend to stick to water, though I am part human so I attend school here," she replied.

"Part...human?"

"It's hard to explain and even harder to imagine," she laughed slightly and I smiled.

"First year?"

"Second," she replied and I nodded.

"I'm a 4th year, Ravenclaw."

"I'm a Hufflepuff," she added.

We chatted for most of the ride and she ended up exchanging numbers with me.

"You're on the Quidditch team right?"

"I am," I agreed and she smiled.

"I'm a big fan of Quidditch! I sort of recognized you when I sat down," she replied. "I love Slytherin's seeker, he's so cute." I smirked slightly.

"I think so," I replied.

"He's your age isn't he? Do you know him?"

"Well, considering he's my boyfriend, yeah I do," I joked.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" She apologized and I chuckled.

"No, no, it's funny," I said.

"Well, lucky you!" She said, propping up her feet.

"Yeah...lucky me," I hummed.

~~~

I bid adieu to Florona and headed to where my dad would be picking me up. I spotted him and ran to give him a hug.

"Hey dad!" I greeted and he hugged me back.

"Ready? I'm starving let's go," he groaned and I smiled, climbing into the passenger's seat of his car.

It was gently raining and cold, so I balled up the sleeves of my jacket in my palms to warm them up. I watched out the window for a little while before my dad interrupted the silence.

"So, how's all your friends?"

"Pidge is good, Allura's good, Keith just met him mom, Shiro is recovering, everyone is good," I said.

"Such a shame that poor Shiro," he replied and I nodded. "Matt okay?" He asked and I nodded, though I hadn't really talked to Matt in a little while. I had meant to ask him how his girlfriend was. "Anyone else?"

"Not that I can think of," I replied.

"You sure?" I glanced over at him.

"If you want to know about someone specific just ask me who?"

"Lance."

I glanced out the windshield in my moment of panic, asking myself what I was going to do in a time like this.

"Who?"

"Lance. You know the boy you hate?" He asked.

"Oh him? Barely even talked to him," I replied.

"No? Nothing from him?"

"Yup. Like crickets," I replied and he frowned.

"Katie told me you were dating," he said and I frowned.

"She did huh? What a jokester," I replied.

"How come you're hiding him from me?" He asked. I sighed.

"It's just he's a Slytherin and I knew you'd freak out about it. He's really nice and amazing, I swear!" I said.

"Look honey, even if your mother was still alive, we both know that she'd be okay with this because I'm sure Lance is a great boy. I'm okay with it and you don't have to hide it," he said. "I'd love to meet him, really."

"You're serious? Because he was asking to come with me," I replied.

"Yeah! Have him come down," he replied, pulling up to a diner drive.

"Alright...promise you won't be weird?"

"I promise. Me? Weird? Never." I shook my head and took out my phone to text Lance the good news.

~Calymari