Cuba | Chpt 72

Hello there people.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I picked up my phone, dialing Lance. It was 11 and I was all settled in bed at home, dialing Lance after dinner where he was. It was around 6 or so. It dialed for a short while before he answered.

"Hey baby, hold on a second," he said, setting the phone down. I watched his ceiling for a few moments before I heard him yell. "Luis if you touch that phone I'll end you!" The phone was roughly picked up and I winced slightly, watching and listening to the aggressive rustling. "Piss off Luis!"

"Ay ay watch the language! Luis leave your little brother alone," Rosa called and I could see part of Lance's face as he interacted with his family. 

"Of course, anything for mijo," Luis mocked and Lance stuck out his tongue. 

"Take (y/n) out to the porch dear," Rosa said, "feeling well dear?"

"Yup! Thanks Mrs. McClain!" Lance ran out of the room and towards the porch so he was set in the golden sun. "Eventful family vacation huh?"

"You have no idea," he sighed, running his fingers through his hair. 

"Can I see the view?" I asked and he nodded, flipping the camera. He was on a second floor porch facing the beach. "Wow."

"I know, it's like a computer screen saver," he said, turning it back around. His face was beautifully lit in the golden hour light. I smiled. 

"I think I like this view better," I said.

"Ugh gross!" Lance's face whipped around. 

"Veronica literally get out before I kill you," Lance threatened and I could see a distant Veronica hold up her hands in defeat behind the screen door. "Sorry."

"That's okay. How is it in Cuba?" I asked, leaning back firmly onto my pillow.

"With my family it's a little much, but I've gotten to go swimming tons, it's great."

"Sounds great," I replied with a soft exhale.

"I wish you were here," he said, chewing at his lip.

"Me too," I said, nodding. He was going to be away for the entirety of Summer, swimming and tanning and having fun in one of his favorite places in the world. I was stuck in stuffy London with a 5 hour ahead time difference. "It's 6 there right?"

"Yeah."

"It's 11 here," I said, chuckling. 

"You stayed up to talk to me?"

"Bold of you to assume I have a normal sleep schedule during the summer," I said. "But yes, I did."

"Awe, that's sweet," he replied and I rolled my eyes. "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Keith said he was coming by to go to the mall with me," I said and Lance nodded. I paused, studying his face. "Are you jealous?"

"What? No. Pft. Keith? Hah." 

"Love you dummy."

"Love you too," he said.

"Lance, Safie is here," Rosa said, peeking her head out the back door.

"Okay thanks, I'll be in soon," he replied. He glanced back at me.

"Safie?"

"Oh yeah, when we used to live in Cuba she was our neighbor. She's from France, sort of like a childhood friend," he replied. "Her and Rachel get along really well."

"Oh, cool," I said.

"Are you jealous now?" he asked and I pursed my lips.

"No."

"Love you (y/n)."

"Yeah yeah," I said, pouting slightly. He frowned, letting out a soft sigh.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow, nothing to worry about," Lance reassured and I nodded. "Love you."

"Love you too," I replied. He blew a kiss which I cheesily caught as he stood. "Bye."

"Bye," he replied. As he hung up I could hear a loud call for his name, most definitely female. I let out a huff and set my phone down. I tugged up the covers and huddled underneath them on my side. I eventually fell asleep that way, thinking about the ache in my chest from Lance's absence.

"What's up with you?" Keith asked, placing half his Chinese food on my plate and taking half of mine. I broke my chopsticks and shrugged. "Missing the dumbass?"

"No," I said with a soft pout.

"I'll let you buy me a brightly colored shirt if you quit moping," he offered. 

"Man don't tempt me with that!" I said, smiling slightly. "Tell me, does Safie sound like a pretty girl name?"

"Uh, I'm not...sure?"

"She's French," I said and he winced.

"I don't know, maybe she's a bitch. Why?"

"Lance's childhood friend is French and he's with her in Cuba right now," I replied, stirring my food around with my chopsticks.

"Then definitely a bitch," he reassured and I scoffed.

"Yeah right, she's probably perfect. Got everything I've got and one better," I said. "She's there."

"Look, I think you're just overthinking things because you miss him," he said. "I don't get it, but..."

"I guess," I said.

"You don't even have to stop moping, you can pick out a bright colored shirt," he replied and I smiled slightly. Placing my chin in my hand. "Why don't you just go see him?"

"Yeah okay, fly to Cuba to check up on my boyfriend. That just screams 'not crazy'," I scoffed.

"Well you want to see him right? So visit for a week. It doesn't have to be 'checking up on him' or anything," Keith said.

"What, do I just get a plane ticket and go?" I asked and Keith nodded. "No that's dumb."

"Wow thanks."

"Well, unless, no. I'm gonna come off crazy." Keith stared at me, awaiting my inevitable change of heart. "No way my dad is going to let me go." He raised an eyebrow and I sighed. "I'll ask."

"Good, now it's hot topic time," he said.

"Oh come on that store is so dark."

"That's the best part."

"E boy."

"I am not!" 

"Don't lie to yourself," I replied, placing noodles in my mouth. He broke the ones hanging out of my mouth with his chopsticks so I couldn't eat them. "Hey!"

"Bitch." I gasped, tossing a napkin at him.

"Asshat." He smiled slightly, eating his own food. I grabbed rice placing it in my mouth and shaking my head. "Just for that we're not going to Hot Topic E boy."

"No!"

~Calymari