Bad News? | Chpt 62

Hello children

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

Hey, meet me by the fountain?

I checked the message again, not knowing if it was a good or bad thing Lance wanted to meet me. The message seemed pretty serious. I was headed down the hallway, checking my phone for anymore messages I might receive from him. I spotted him sitting all by himself, twiddling his fingers.

"Hey you," I greeted, tucking away my phone and he smiled up at me.

"Hey, I just wanted to talk to you," he said.

"Good or bad news?" I asked, seating myself on a dry spot of the fountains ledge.

"No news, I just wanted to see you."

"Oh, okay," I said. "You just seemed serious over your message. You could've just said you wanted to see me. I'm glad to see you after such a long day, didn't it feel long?--"

"(y/n)?" I glanced up and he appeared to be conflicted.

"It is bad news isn't it?" I asked. He ran his tongue over his teeth, his palms gripping the edge of the fountain, his fingers hanging above the water.

"I just...I wanted to tell you this now so you know."

"Yeah?" I asked, placing a hand on his knee.

"I don't think I'm over Nyma."

I paused, taking in the information. He wasn't looking at me and I swallowed.

"Okay..."

"It's just that...when she admitted to cheating on me, I felt far more hurt than I should've." he said, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees. His ran his hands through his hair as I retreated my hand. "I'm so happy with you, far happier than I ever felt with her. I just can't help but still feel things for her, despite the fact she felt so little for me."

I glanced up, knowing that there was little he or I could do. It's not like I could step aside for them, because she wouldn't want to take him back. Or would she? I mean she apologized for cheating so maybe she still felt things for him. I had stepped aside for so long to let them be happy, but he had chosen me now. Why should I have to step aside? What did he want to hear from me?

"I don't exactly know what to do with this information," I said.

"Nothing, you don't have to do anything. I just wanted you to know," he said. "It was something that was bothering me, keeping from you. I didn't want to hold back from us. I know this might change how you view us, but I just had to say it."

I glanced up, noticing how dark it was getting. I shuffled my feet and chewing at the insides of my cheeks.

"I don't want to get back together with Nyma if that's what you're thinking about," he said after a short moment of silence. I glanced over at him as he was finally looking at me for the first time since I sat down. "I don't want to give up this, I just wanted to let you know how I was feeling."

"I know," I said. "There's something still there because you really liked her. I mean, you made such a split decision to break up with her that there could be some stuff left over to resolve. I understand."

"You do?" I nodded and he smiled at me. "Thank you."

"No need to thank me. I'm glad you feel like you can tell me this stuff."

He brushed my hair aside and pulled me in for a kiss, gently with his hand cupped along by jaw. My heart was beating soundly in my chest and in my ears, my hands gripped on his legs to keep from toppling over. I pulled back, glancing at him.

"I wish there was a more private place we could go," I said, eyeing a student as they passed.

"I think that's the exact reason why boys and girls can't go into each other's dorms," he said and I hit his arm.

"I don't mean like that you oaf."

"We could get a room somewhere in Hogsmeade," he offered and I hit him again.

"Don't be a perv."

"You brought it up first," he said and I rolled my eyes. My phone buzzed and I saw that it was Keith.

"I have to go," I said, standing up.

"What? Why? I texted you first," he said.

"It's Keith, I haven't talked to him since his mom showed up," I said.

"Please?" he pleaded, wrapping his arms around me.

"Lance." He gave me soft puppy dog eyes and I kissed him once more before prying myself away. I headed towards a common area where Keith was waiting. I saw him with his signature glare at nothing; one leg out straight and the other bent, propping up his arm. "What is it?" He glanced up and I noticed the red around his eyes. "Keith?"

"I--I don't know what to do."

"About what?" I asked, seating myself against the wall beside him.

"My...mom."

"What about her?"

"She just...showed up. After all this time she just shows up. Apparently she was an astronaut, space person, I don't know. My dad dies and I spend all that time in those goddamn foster homes, thinking she's dead too. Now she just shows up and on one hand I have a mom now, but on the other how am I supposed to just accept her into my life like that?" he asked. I placed an arm around his shoulders.

"Well, look at it this way. You finally have family and though it might be tough to adjust, it will be so great to finally learn about where you came from right? Obviously she cares a lot about you, otherwise she wouldn't have come here to see you and make things better with you. It sounds like she must've had to leave for a long time and it couldn't have been easy to leave you so early. I'd just hear her out and ease into it. Set some boundaries," I said.

"I wish I had talked to you before."

"Before..."

"Before I yelled at her," he cringed.

"You yelled at her?"

"I didn't mean to! I just...she stressed me out, showing up out of nowhere. I had all this pent up anger from my childhood I just lashed out."

"Keith, she's your mother. I'm sure if you told her that and you two talked for a while then you could set some boundaries and work things out. I'll always be here if you get too stressed out," I said, patting his shoulder. He glanced at me and nodded. "I mean, I want to properly meet the mother that made you."

"Oh?"

"Oh definitely."

~Calymari