Try Outs | Chpt 3

Hello there! I'm v excited to star writing about quidditch sooo.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"He is the very bane of my existence," I muttered, student chatter flowing around mine and Keith's conversation as we walked through the hall. I pulled at my robe, itching to take it off and get ready for try outs.

"I noticed he was especially getting to you in Potions," Keith replied, his voice calm.

"He slipped a toad in my robe Keith. I hope he chokes on his tongue," I said, scrambling for an insult. Yet another reason to get rid of my robe. It had toad on it.

"His mouth is too big for that," Keith muttered which made me giggle. Keith wasn't really the joking type, but when he did crack a joke it was especially funny and I'm not sure why. "How were the rest of your classes?" He asked, turning down a hall with me.

"Practically all of them were with Lance and frankly, after the toad bit he pulled I'm surprised he's still alive." Keith cracked a smile at me and waved me off when we reached my hall. "Thanks for walking me. You're coming to see me try outs right?"

"I don't know," he said and I frowned. He had to come. "But, good luck with try outs!" He said, disappearing from sight. Keith wasn't really the type to get out very much but he would at least come cheer me on right? I headed a little further almost to the door and a figure stepped in front of me, a wicked grin on his face.

"What? Frog in your throat?" He teased and I scowled.

"So what you follow me everywhere now?" I asked, avoiding his obvious attempt at making me mad.

"Darling you wish," he said, an annoying titter escaping his lips.

"What could you possible want right now?" I asked.

"Just wishing you luck for try outs, don't hurt yourself," he said with a smirk, promptly tripping me. "We wouldn't want that pretty face of yours to get messed up."

I composed myself, tugging at my robe with a sneer. "Creep." I studied him as he left the short hall away from my door. I answered the riddle I had solved earlier and my door opened, letting me in.

I glanced around and noticed Pidge with her face buried in a book, huddled up in the corner of a couch.

"Hey," I called, yanking off my robe. I shivered off that lingering feeling of toad.

"Hey, Quidditch today right?" Pidge asked and I nodded, plopping into a chair. "I'll be there to watch! I'm sure Allura will to for...other reasons." Of course. Shiro.

"Yeah, yeah, as long as you're there." I said with a smile. She grinned back.

"How was your day?"

"Lance dropped a toad down the back of my robe, you?" She giggled and I smiled.

"Fine, Hunk is really shaping up to be a good tech buddy!" She said. I saw her eyes light up.

"Really?" I hadn't talked to Hunk very much over the years, but he was the guy who you could always find in a crowd and partner up with. He was reliable like that.

"Yeah! He knows quite a few things!"

"I'm glad considering I have no idea what you're talking about half the time," I laughed and she rolled her eyes.

"You're good at other stuff though," she said, shutting her book finally.

"(Y/n)?" I glanced up to see Allura hurrying down the steps to where we were sat. "Have you seen Blue? I've lost him."