In My Head | Chpt 58

Hello!

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"Have you seen the boys? I haven't seen Keith since his mom showed up and I've been looking for Lance all afternoon," I asked Pidge and she shrugged, flipping a page to her book. We were sat in the Ravenclaw lounge and I found myself without any homework again. Quidditch practice was separate teams, so I didn't see Lance which was probably good seeing as someone knocked me off my broom so hard I could still taste dirt from hitting the floor. I was luckily low to the ground and doing drills, but it still hurt nonetheless.

I was showered and currently icing my shoulder. I was sending yet another text to both of them, before deciding to scrap the messages and just go looking for them. If they weren't answering they were most likely not in their houses. I wasn't expecting much out of Keith, but at least Lance. Keith hadn't been in class today, which I had expected.

I exited the Ravenclaw house and headed towards Slytherin in hopes he would be somewhere around there. I yawned and turned a corner before pausing and backing up. I spotted his mousy brown hair and I peered around the wall to see who he was talking to. I could see it was Nyma and I frowned slightly. So he had been ditching my texts to talk to her?

"Lance! I've been texting you," I called, placing a smile on my face. He turned to me and Nyma glanced around him at me.

"Hey (y/n)," she greeted. She nodded once at Lance before leaving and Lance turned to me with a sigh.

"Sorry I didn't text you back. I promise I wasn't trying to ditch you for Nyma. She just caught me in the hall and we've been talking for 20 minutes."

"About?" I asked, leaning up against the wall. He glanced at me.

"Oh no, it's not what it looks like."

"I know, I believe you," I said, smiling at him. "You don't have to not talk to her just because we're dating."

"Really?"

"Yeah I'm not totally crazy," I said and he chuckled.

"Well, she caught me in the hall and she seemed kind of upset. Something about Rolo, you know how they're together now?" he asked and I nodded. "She told me that she felt bad about us."

"Us?"

"Me and her?" he said and I nodded.

"She admitted that she was cheating on me with Rolo," he said and I felt my jaw drop.

"Oh Lance," I sympathized, taking his hand.

"Yeah. Not exactly what you want to hear," he said, letting out a breath. "She wanted to apologize I guess and that's why I didn't text you back."

"I get it. I was just worried is all. That's just terrible," I said, sliding into his arms and letting his squeeze onto me. I rubbed along his back in a nice hug before pulling away.

"I'm actually glad you saved me from that conversation," he said, shaking his head, "I don't know why she would even say that to me."

"I guess she just felt too bad about it and wanted to let you know, but hey it's not all bad because I'm here now," I said.

"Thanks," he said. "How's Keith?" I smiled, linking our hands. Lance had become more and more accustomed to Keith being around and Potions class was going better than ever.

"Haven't heard from him, but I wasn't expecting much. I mean his mom just showed up out of nowhere," I said.

"Yeah, I guess."

I started walking him back to his house dorm, leaning up against his arm. I felt suddenly dizzy and I gripped his hand, pausing. He stopped and glanced at my hand tightening around his.

"(y/n)?"

I saw a flash of Lance in the second trial cave and I stumbled back, taking the real Lance with me. I blinked it away, letting out a breath, a pain in my head shooting towards my feet in a familiar feeling from the Tournament. My aching feet.

"(y/n) you okay?" he asked and I glanced around.

"Uh, yeah," I said. "I just could've sworn I saw...you from the tournament?"

"Like...me in the cave?" he asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah." I let out a breath and glanced around again.

"You don't think it's someone messing with you do you?" he asked, looking around and I shook my head,

"I don't know maybe it's some weird trauma," I said, linking our hands again. We reached the Slytherin dorm and I paused outside.

"I love you," he said, scooping me up gently into a kiss and I relaxed into him.

"I love you too," I said when we broke away, pecking his lips before leaving. I headed back towards my own dorm, keeping an eye out for Keith. I waved a hello at Romelle who passed and she bowed her head for a moment as we passed. I've been meaning to talk to her soon. I suddenly stumbled, a pain in my head which I gripped. I could see Bandor and I felt my stomach suck in towards my spine. It dissipated and I stood up weakly. I looked around, seeing that the hall was empty.

I changed my route for the nurse to see if she could explain or figure out what was going on, because it certainly wasn't trauma that was causing such physical pain in my head. I walked down sparse hallways with quick feet, skimming the wall in case it happened again. Like clockwork when I passed by a window, seeing a bird land along the window sill.

A large flash and a talon swooped at me and I stumbled back, barely seeing the hallway anymore. I crashed into a wall and when I opened my eyes the fwooper was gone. The hallway was silent except for my choked breaths. I made my way even faster to the nurse.

"What's wrong?" she asked when I nearly crashed into her desk.

"My head, I keep seeing things from the tournament," I said, recognizing her as my past nurse. "They physically hurt." she frowned and ushered me to a bed, sitting me down. She placed a gentle hand on the back of my head before placing the tip of her wand to my temple.

"Sounds like some sort of mind manipulation," she said. "I'm just going to check okay?"

"Okay."

She uttered something before I shut my eyes, feeling a thickness in my head. When I opened them it was blank except for echos of sounds around me. I blinked and my mind felt lighter, staring at the nurse in front of me.

"That's some dark magic. Minute and I got rid of any connection someone may have made to your mind, but someone's trying to do some damage in there. I'll have to tell Honerva right away, any idea who it might be?"

My stomach dropped and I could feel my mouth go dry.

"No."

~Calymari