My Fault | Chpt 80

How is everyone in this quarantine. I'm sick, but not with the virus and my friend made me a care package :)

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

It had all moved so quickly after that, I could barely explain to my father why I was home early. Not him, not Keith, not Pidge, not Allura, not even Shiro who was basically the best person to turn to. 

I just couldn't believe he let me leave.

"So...try again," Keith said, nodding my direction. Keith had given up a day with his mom to come talk to me, which I had insisted to cut short because of that exact reason. He had insisted on coming and I couldn't change his mind so I didn't want to keep him too long. Apparently after his mother had left to become a space explorations director, Keith's father took it to be an almost abandonment of him and Keith.

"I can't believe he kept it from me, even as a kid, before he died."

It was too hard to imagine what it must be like for Keith in that situation, but he had gotten a parent back and he was dealing with it far better than I had anticipated. Pidge was full of vigor from being back home with her mom and dad, both of which were very interested to know what was going on in my life. Having both their children home and the house emanating spite from each member of the Holt family, meant that everyone was a little too amped up. 

"Well."

"So you're just...leaving?"

"I can get an earlier flight. I should just go, clearly I don't trust Lance enough for this to work and he needs someone who trusts him. That's just not me," I said to Veronica, who seemed to be in more of a panic than I was. 

"But you work so well with us and Lance likes you so much!" she argued.

"I don't know, Veronica. It just doesn't work out," I replied. "You know why I came, to spy on Lance like some crazy jealous girlfriend with some serious trust issues."

"But you're not! And you have some reason to be jealous, I mean Lance was a flirty guy before he started dating you and he probably led Safie on," Veronica scrambled.

"Jealous enough to fly across the Atlantic ocean?" I asked skeptically. "Look, it's alright. It hasn't settled into my brain completely and I'll probably cry on the plane and be that weirdo, but that's fine. Whether he led Safie on or not, I can't get it out of my head that he likes her. That's on me, those are my issues."

"But--"

"No Veronica. I can't just sit around like this when I have this gut feeling that Safie is...she's the one for him."

"She's not!" Veronica was as stubborn as her brother and wasn't about to slack on giving me reasons to stay and work this out. 

"It's over," I said with a hefty sigh. At this rate, I'd be crying in the airport before I even got on the plane. Maybe this would be my story. Lance could have his childhood friend and love of his life and I could meet a cute boy at the airport who would sweep me up and dry my tears. The idea made me sick to think about, that Lance would be here and he wouldn't be the one to dry my tears. I didn't want anyone else.

"(y/n), I really think you should just talk to him. Don't be rash and just leave," she said, gripping onto my arm as I zipped my suitcase, bringing it to a stop. We had already talked, but I supposed I could at least apologize for being such a jealous person.

"Fine," I said, softly, and stood. She stood quickly beside me. "I'm probably still going to leave early, but I'll talk to him again alright?"