Complicated | Chpt 31

Hey, so, you're going to hate me, it's inevitable.

I apologize in advance for this.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Uh hey, you okay?"

I glanced up to a shady figure, the sun behind his tall figure shading his face. A hand was held out to me and I grasped it blindly, sniffling slightly.

"Yeah I'm--" I paused, yanking my hand away. "What do you want?"

I held my arms to my chest to shield myself from embarrassment of being caught crying.

"You don't look okay," he said. "Why were you cry--"

"I'm perfectly fine James, leave me alone." I jerked past him, banging my shoulder into his. I can't believe I just cried in front of this jerk.

"Wait! You're friends with Keith!"

"Yeah so?" I said, watching him struggle to keep up with me in my peripheral vision. What did that have to do with me crying?

"Can you tell him I'm sorry for being a jerk and punching him? He'd never talk to me," he said. I stopped and he stumbled forward trying to stop himself.

"What?"

"Wait no you're right that's douchy, can you tell him I want to talk?" I stared at him, both livid and confused.

"What did I say?" What was James even talking about? Why was he even talking to me?

"Oh my God, I owe you an apology too, jeez, I'm an idiot." He banged the side of his head and I stared at him strangely.

"Uhhh."

"Look, I recently saw what Lotor did to you and I realized that I really shouldn't be his friend or be such a jerk anymore," he said. "I'm sorry. I've been meaning to apologize to both of you and I'm clearly the worst at picking the right time."

"I--what?"

"Yeah I guess I seem a little crazy right now, sorry," he said, rubbing at the nape of his neck. "God I'm just throwing this on you now when something else is bothering you, I'm so so--"

"Please stop saying that."

"Say what?"

"Sorry. It's really weird and I don't quite know what to do with myself right now," I said. He paused, nodding. "And...I accept your apology? The first one of course."

"Thank you, I didn't expect you to."It was strange to see James without a sneer on his face, and I very evidently didn't trust this situation in the slightest. Then again James had been hanging around Kinkade and his friends quite a bit, and I hadn't seen him with Lotor since the Yule Ball. He also hadn't cause any trouble in class or with Keith. He had been quiet. "Mind if you tell me why you were crying?"

"What?"

"Why you were crying?" I paused. Did he seriously just ask me like we knew each other well?

"Oh that's nothing, I just had a stressful  week is all," I lied, continuing to walk inside. He followed.

"Are you sure? I saw Nyma walk away," he said.

"So?"

"I was just wondering if she said something."

"She didn't say anything," I said, shoving my hands in my pockets. He doesn't know about my crush, so why would he ask about Nyma? This was turning out to be the worst 'day to myself' day.