Mondays | Chpt 14

Hey.

Enjoy~

I woke up, dreary and suffering from the cabin fever which was currently suffocating me. I hadn't left my dorm, or rather my bed, the last 2 days, knowing I'd somehow accidentally run into Lance. Fate loves to fuck with me.

But today was Monday.

Everyone hates Mondays.

And right now, I hate everyday.

I sat up and glanced at the clock realizing my anxiety had woken me up earlier than I wanted. The thought of going to class and sitting next to Lance made me want to throw up. I desperately wanted to get fresh air, but I didn't want to return to that open courtyard just yet. I peered over at Pidge and chewed at my cheek. There was tears in my lips and cheeks from the nervous gnawing I had been doing. She had no idea what was behind my behavior and I had no intention in telling anyone. I just needed this to pass quietly and quickly.

I dashed across the chilled floors and into the shower washing off the light layer of oil along my skin. I got dressed and sat back down in bed to wait for the rest to wake. My hair dried quickly and naturally, and I occasionally brushed through it. Once I deemed that no one else would be waking up yet I decided I might as well head to class. I could just be bored there.

I slipped on my robe, leaving the top undone a bit lower since it was warm in the school today. I walked down the hall with my book in hand. The door to the classroom was of course locked which I scolded myself for not considering. I waited for Professor Bii Boh Bi to arrive, sitting against the wall next to the door.

I ran over what we had learned on Friday until he arrived. He questioned why I was here so early and I merely shrugged him off. He let me in with him and I sat in my seat while he started pulling out papers. I rested my chin in my hand, awaiting Lance's arrival. I could feel my skin start to dampen with sweat and my abs were tight to keep my muscles from shaking.

People began to arrive and seat themselves as the class start time edged near. I watched at the doorway, students filtering in until the bell rang. No Lance. I felt a sense of relief wash over me for a moment until I began to get nervous and suspicious again.

My leg bounced underneath my desk, trying to focus in on the lesson rather than the empty chair next to me. The door to the classroom clattered open and every head in the classroom whipped over to a frantic looking Lance. I cringed and turned, putting my head down to stare at my book.

"Sorry, I was with my coach," he said, handing over a pass to Bii Boh Bi. He waved Lance to his seat and his face flushed. He shuffled to his chair, plopping down and peering over at me. He flipped his book to the same page as me. He smelled like freshly cut grass and soap. He really must've come from working with the coach. So early in the morning?

I scribbled down the next note, my hair shielding my face. Lance pulled out his notebook and I internally sighed. I slid my notebook roughly in front of him as Professir Bii Boh Bi went to demonstrate. I could feel Lance glance at me, but I just continued looking at the teacher.

"Thanks."

Lance started quickly jotting down what I had written and then placing my notebook back in front of me. He cleared his throat slightly and scooted his chair closer into the desk and to me. He watched the front as well and my whole body flushed with heat at the feeling of him sat next to me. A feeling of anger set in and I wanted to rip out my hair to relieve the tension in my hands and body. We were sent to practice with nearby partners and I turned the opposite way of him to the nice girl beside me. He paused before turning away as well, and class went undisturbed.