Chapter 40: Food For Thought

Reader Key

(Y/N) = Your Name

(H/L) = Hair Length

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(E/C) = Eye Colour

(N/N) = Nickname

(Third Person P.O.V)

(Y/N) was chuckling mischievously at the messy aftermath of the food fight and Kai couldn't help give her a love-struck look.

Jay rolled his eyes. "I can't believe you! Her boyfriend is standing right beside her, does infidelity run in your family or something?" Jay hissed disapproving at Kai's antics.

"Hu, oh Nah, Echo isn't her boyfriend and... Wait a minute... HEY!" Kai growled at Jay smacking in the back of his head.

"Wait! Go back to that first part." Lloyd demanded grabbing a hold of Kai and shaking him in a desperate attempt to get the answers he sought.

Cole was staring at Kai not taking his eyes off of him and Jay was doing the same as he rubbed the back of his head soothing the growing lump.

Sensei Garmadon studied all the present Ninja's faces and winced. This was going to be painful for all involved.

"Why did this have to happen now?" Sensei Garmadon reflected to himself.

"What? That (Y/N) and Echo aren't boyfriend and girlfriend?" Kai asked raising an eyebrow.

"How do you know?" Cole inquired, looking back up, thinking Kai was just trying to cover for himself.

"I asked around, turns out (Y/N) and Echo are just friends and bandmates." Kai answered.

"But Echo called her his girlfriend?" Lloyd questioned still holding onto Kai gi.

"Echo, had some kind of glitch that Cyrus Borg treated for him and it's not like (Y/N) understood what that word meant." Kai clarified for the team.

"(Y/N) is too innocent for her own good when it comes to social activities." Jay worried looking over at her.

(Y/N) was wiping some cream off of Snappa's head with a smile. Chokun was sinking his two giant fangs into giant ham sandwich beside her.