4: Dionsyus' Idea

"Here are the stats," Namjoon says, clearing his throat like he was going to give a long presentation. "This is what we know so far, but things have just gotten a bit more...interesting, as Yoongi said."

You observe the tall, commanding man as he continues, speaking more slowly. If he wasn't so ordinary and comfortable and sitting among a throng of other casually dressed men, he could come off as the president of some country. You figure he'd make a good ruler, unlike the idiot that had ruled your nation. You'd already forgotten his name.

"There was That Day. When everything turned upside down for us and became like this. We don't remember much, neither of us know anything beyond the basics and the skills we were born with. So far, we've slowly gathered and formed this group of survivors: the seven of us and now...you."

You nod, glad to have everything spelled out clearly for you. After having been introduced one by one to each of the others and given some food and change of clothes (a wide range of options had awaited you like treasure in the women's rooms) you had all gathered together beside a large cold hearth to spread body warmth and understand the new situation. "What are we going to do?" you ask. "Is there a plan or something?"

"I think the first step is figuring out why. Why this happened and how to undo it. That's the goal we've all been aiming for these past two months. Digging for information and doing research. However, it's been a bit difficult adjusting to the...New World..." Namjoon falters a little, although he doesn't have to finish because everyone knows what he means. Waking up on a random day to see everything, everything, around you lost is not easy to get over. In the few hours you've spent with these strangers you've come to understand their personalities a little and the effect of the New World on them. It's not the company of the other strangers that makes them so sulky, its this. This change. They don't know what to do about it or what will happen.

"But how can we trust it's happened here?" you say, working your brain cells. "I mean, whatever caused it could have been anywhere on the planet."

And that was the scary thing. The possibilities were endless, the field was too big and you were too small. 

"Why are we even bothering," Yoongi says, carelessly. He looks at you, tongue running along the inside of his cheek and directs his next words straight at your existence. "Now that she's here, why don't we just recreate this world. Start it over. "

"What do you mean?" Namjoon asks, wrinkling his brows confused. Everyone exchanges puzzled looks but Taehyung seems to get it. "Aaah," he claps his hands together in understanding. "You mean like Adam and Eve."

"What?" you demand, perplexed.

Yoongi grins. "The problem with this planet is that it's empty. It's gone, its deserted, it's unpopulated. But now... " he sits up, raising an eyebrow. "We have man and woman. All that we need is to...repopulate an-

"NO," you shout interrupting him, eyes widening. Was he serious? You suddenly feel very afraid but are more calmed when you see that the others are in disapproval of this idea as well. Whatever happened, you were most certainly not pulling an Eve. "You have to be joking."

"But that will take forever," Jimin says, and you stare at him incredulous that he was complaining about time and not the idea.

"How do we know that is gonna solve anything?"

"Hyung! How can you even say that!"

"I don't want to do it."

"Jungkook you don't have to do anything."

"He probably doesn't even know how to."

Taehyung breaks out laughing, fingers hovering over his mouth, face turning red with silent laughter. Jin looks flustered, avoiding eye contact with you as Jimin blushes trying to argue his point against Hoseok who is laughing popcorn laughter along with Taehyung. Namjoon grits his teeth, uncomfortable, shooting Yoongi a look that says how can you say that to someone who you've just met.

"Whatever," Yoongi shrugs, leaning back on the couch again. "It was just an idea." He picks up his cigarette and takes a slow drag, returning to his comfort zone. There is an awkward silence. You look around you at the thinking faces and sigh.

"Alright, then," Namjoon stands up deciding to end this meeting before it got any more upsetting. The change of topic signals the departure of  the others and everyone stands up except for Yoongi who prefers to lounge on the couch. Namjoon turns to Hoseok.

"How about that heater now? It's gonna be like the Ice Age in here during the night."

You look at the room around in a dilemma not knowing what to do, feeling like a guest. Thankfully you are saved by the three youngest boys who have taken an interest in you because you are something new to their bleak lives. Before you can stretch you find yourself being whisked up one of the spiral marble staircases.

"Wh-what are you guys doing?" you sputter as Jungkook practically carries you up the stairs. He pulls you into a room, that's perhaps one of the highest rooms in the house and leads you out onto the balcony. This part of the house seems to have been under renovation or construction because the walls that keep you from falling off this height are short and unpainted. There are some bits of debris about but tracks of previous footprints here and the light furniture that has been moved out suggests that the maknae line have truly made this their space. However this does nothing to disrupt the beauty of the landscape before you.

The slight wind rustles through your hair and you take in the view. The entire city stretches down under you, gray and dismal but still magnificent and strong in its nature. Filtering your imagination through your sight you can almost imagine what it would be like as a populated city.

The four of you stand, looking down at this view

The four of you stand, looking down at this view. You understand why they've brought you up and you empathize in this feeling of wealth and satisfaction. Of pride. Emotions that can overwhelm the gloominess of this planet when sprinkled with some imaginative art. Because in a real world, a sight like this was luxury. In a real life, neither of you could indulge in such a view.

Then Jungkook speaks again and you feel the young, adolescent innocence as he speaks. This is how this young man had survived the change of That Day. Through his creativity of role play. A small smile tugs at your lips and the city seems to light up gold in your eyes beneath the sunset, as you turn to Taehyung and exchange a humorous glance with him.

You will never forget Jungkook's belief. Because in times when you feel so insignificant, those six words made you feel big enough to swallow the planet whole. Those six words gave you hope, like the way the six other men looked after Jungkook. For a few seconds, that virtue serves positivity in a world that can never know happiness.

"This world is ours now, Y/N."

[this chapter kinda sucks sorry :], thank you for reading. ]