134: The First Interaction

"Is he human...?" You hear Taehyung say, nervously. Once again you look the man in front of you up and down nervously. He looked as human as the rest of you, long legs, stout figure, arms, eyes, nose, lips. He was so ordinary yet the eight of you couldn't help questioning his existence. You gape at him like he was an animal in a zoo, a different species. 

"He is," Jungkook says after some reluctance, as if he didn't want to admit it. The coast guard folds his arms, a little bewildered by these bedraggled swimmers who looked like they had come from some different planet. Considering their condition they looked like they hadn't eaten for days too. 

He turns to Yoongi from whom he'd received somewhat of a response. Gesturing to the beach that you'd come from he speaks:

"I'm sorry but I'll have to ask you to leave. You can't swim here, it's a forbidden zone. The tides get dangerous and you can get in trouble."

The eight of you turn back dumbfounded to the quite innocent looking beach you'd come from. Was it really dangerous? Is that why the dolphins had access to it, because of the deep waters?

"Where are we?" Namjoon asks him politely, in relation to the topic. The man looks at him confused not understanding Namjoon's question. "I mean, what is this place? What land is this?"

The coast guard laughs a little nervously looking amongst the group for someone to share an amused look with but everyone was siding with Namjoon. Realizing that his expression falters a little.

"This...is...this Jeju Island of course," he says a little reluctantly, not sure as to why he had to state something so evident."

"Island?" Namjoon replies, furrowing his brows. Raising both hands in the air in front of him he racks his brain for geography. What was Earth's geography like again? There were continents and countries and islands of course but trying to remember how they related to one another was difficult as he'd rejected it from his brain for so long. Drawing invisible circles and lines in the air he thinks out loud, "If this is Jeju Island...that mean, we're close to South Korea aren't we?"

"That's right," the man replies. The more he stood there and watched your curious wide eyes studying him, admiring Namjoon, looking at each other the more uncomfortable he felt. He had the impression that you were no ordinary people either. The clothes you were wearing looked like they hadn't been washed for days and furthermore extremely outdated. All of your cheeks were hollowed, you each look like you hadn't slept for days and the fact that there was only one woman among these even men disturbed him even more. Where you coming from and why?

He was in no position to ask these questions. You desperately needed a hospital and a police station, something which the eight of you seemed oblivious of. Furthermore, he did not enjoy your presence especially with the way all of you kept checking him out. 

"I think," he speaks, trying to stay confident. "We should head to the police station."

I think we look suspicious. 

We obviously do.

The other seven of you turn to Namjoon for answers and fortunately his answer is pretty prompt.

"I don't think we should go," Namjoon says like the coast guard wasn't there or like he couldn't understand what he was saying. He didn't like the idea of being interrogated, especially in the state you were all in. He didn't feel capable enough to answer all the questions and the fact that neither of you could state your identity would make you look like criminals. No doubt you'd either be spending the night in jail or confinement or worse, would all be separated.

"I don't thin we have a choice," you say, folding your arms.

"Namjoon-ah," Jin speaks up suddenly. "I think we should go. We might be able to figure something out through the system. We don't have...money or a place to go either, it makes sense..."