142: Reunited and Returned

The two groups stare at each other. Now that he was closer, you could hear Jungkook louder in your head.  Never had you been so relieved to see them.

You stumble towards the boys in urgency, just wanting to be among them. You felt safe there. Hoseok runs forward to meet you half-way concerned. He envelopes you into a huge hug and you tremble in his arms, just so glad that he was there. It was an oddly familiar feeling, your body fitting against his like a puzzle piece. It made warmth seep through you. He really was the brightest hope in the dark.

"I've got you," he reassures you. "Don't worry. It's over."

Namjoon walks forward next, but not to comfort you. Leaving the job to Hoseok, he moves to talk to the men behind, eager to give them a piece of his mind.

"How dare yo-"

"Kim Namjoon." The sound of his name catches him off guard. He stops in his tracks suddenly, anger blending with confusion.

But the listing doesn't stop there. The man behind the mask continues to speak.

"Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, Jeon Jungkook, Kim Y/N..."

Verifying each name with the reaction sparked from the owner of the name when called the man seems satisfied. He pulls out a file walking towards Namjoon until he is standing right in front of him. The others slowly inch closer until you all stand together, you at the far back, not wanting to be close to the man.

"How do you know us?" Yoongi asks.

The man fishes inside his shirt till he removes the little identity card attached to the string around his neck. He holds it up for everyone to see. Those six letters almost seem to glow under the street light.

B.I.G.H.I.T.

"You..." Namjoon begins, a little creeped out. He hadn't expected to come into encounter with that organisation so fast. They'd fallen into the ocean just this morning and here, at the end of the day they were face to face with the enemy.

"I am sure you have many questions," The man states, stuffing the card back into his shirt like it was something to hide. "They can only be answered if you come with us."

"Come with you where?"

"After you kidnapped Y/N like that?" Namjoon demands, mentioning you in defiance. "Why would we trust you?"

"Would you have come voluntarily then?" The man counters Namjoon. "There were reasons to take the girl."

Reasons? You didn't understand what reasons could have been behind that hellish frightful kidnapping you'd just experienced. All sorts of terrible thoughts had run through mind. But someone else seems to grasp on quickly.

"You were testing us," Yoongi gets it suddenly, speaking slowly. "Y-you were testing how we would react. You lured us out here, to this place. Man, you fuckers don't ever stop using us like-"

"Bang Shi Hyuk," the man interrupts Yoongi suddenly with a new name. "He is the person you will talk to. For now, you must come with us."

Bang Shi Hyuk, you repeat to yourself again. It sounded so powerful, authoritative and strong. No doubt he was the man behind all this. The man who decided to send all of you to a strange planet, who invented the project, who ruined your lives...the man in the photograph.

Your heart begins to pound a little faster as you imagine meeting hin. He somehow seemed way out of your reach, or maybe that was because he had always been. You realise that he was in fact the end, that coming home to Earth was only a part of the journey but the end of the road was Bang Shi Hyuk. He was both the beginning and the ending.

And in a way, you never wanted to meet that end. It felt like meeting the devil, finally dying and going to hell instead of reaping your rewards becauss you doubted there was anything good going to come out of meeting with him. In fact, it felt like he only had more bad news in state.

But you couldn't refuse either.

It was because you had nowhere to go anyway. You could not survive in this world because he had all the answers to your identity and to what had happened and why. If you made a fuss, you were accepting to become nobodies.

We have to go. We have no choice.

Seeing your silence as the answer, your capturer shuts the car door firmly before walking more definitely towards the group of people. Namjoon moves backwards protectively, a little wary of what he meant to do with those behind him.

But the man's intentions did not seem to be anywhere near.

Instead he walks right past the entire group, moving towards the large airport. He gestures onwards with his hand.

"Follow me."

"Where are you taking us?"

"This is Jeju Island," he replies, curtly, halting for a second. "We have to go the headquarters. Seoul, South Korea. That is where you belong,"

South Korea. That is where you belong.

Hesitantly, the eight of you follow in his footsteps watching his back with curiosity. You were going to get on a plane now? Things just seemed to get more suspicious. In the dark of the night he almost disappears into the shadow forcing the rest of you to keep close to him. A large flap of wings signals the departure of Yoongi's hawk, which you now realise that this unnamed stranger had had nothing to say about. Did he expect your abnormalities?

"We're going to take a plane?" Yoongi suddenly stops him, nervous. "H-how is that going to work?"

He grins, amused by your complete ignorance. "Leave it me."

As you near the airport, he pulls out a collection of plane tickets and IDs. You heart hardens, as you realise everything about yourselves was filled into those little forms. Or perhaps they were fake. Perhaps this identification material that he had gathered had nothing to do with you. Altogether everything had been prepared for you when you cane back that it looked like you really didn't have a choice but to follow through.

Project B.I.G.H.I.T wasn't over. It wasn't over till you got back right where you started: Bang Shi Hyuk.

Whatever it was that he held in his hand, none of you were to ever find out. He led the way in silence, the eight of you keeping close together as he moved from one counter to the next so familiarly as if he was trained for this, as if it were no big deal. As if you hadn't been living the past seven years on an alien planet.

The process was entirely confusing. You wanted to know why no one asked questions, why when they looked from your ID cards to your faces that they found nothing off, nothing upsetting. Why they couldn't tell that you were completely different people now.

And it wasn't just the confusion of moving through an airport full of people. It wasn't the anxiety of boarding a plane and feeling confined, as if you were in the spaceship again.

It wasn't in those few hours of sleep you forced yourself to get on the plane and it certainly wasn't landing in Seoul in the middle of the morning and being ushered into cars like you were smuggled goods.

Watching it's yellow yolk from the car window tease the night made you feel like you were finally awakening. Like you were finally feeling fresh and safe. Like everything that had happened yesterday was just a bad dream and somehow you were going home now, that it was all over.

It was a brand new day.

But as you got out of the car and were led into a small building, all that fear and anxiety and confusion and doubt seemed to crash back into you. You realised that it was the moment that you stood outside Bang Shi Hyuk's office. It was that moment that had mattered the most to you this whole while. That moment of extreme anticipation and nervousness.

Like right before a concert is about to start or the seconds before an album drops.

You were finally going to meet him.

Bang. Shi. Hyuk.