11: His Promise

"What were you guys even doing in there?" Jin asks. He neatly feeds himself, popping a pick of marinated chicken into his mouth and already searching with his chopsticks for the next target.

From across the table you can hear Yoongi's thoughts just by the low-lying smirk he's aiming at Jimin. Don't say it, you say mentally to him, hoping for once that in this life telepathy would work, don't you dare say it Min Yoongi I will sue-

"Repopulati-"

Jimin flings a piece of radish in Yoongi's direction. It slaps him right onto the nose and he jerks his head backwards unexpecting the sudden attack. He scrunches his nose, grinning trying to get the food off his face without using his hands and you turn to the other side of the table where the others hadn't even noticed what was going on because meal times were indeed always this chaotic.

"They saw some bugs," Taehyung says carelessly, wandering off behind the counter.

"They weren't just 'some bugs,' " Jimin says indignantly, speaking louder. "They were huge insects. Like a massive ant species with these...pungent green eyes." He looks at Namjoon proud with his description but even Namjoon doesn't seem to buy this story.

"Huge insects?"

"Everything is huge to him," Jungkook taunts, laughing. "He's so short and small."

"Jeon Jungkook!" Jimin picks up another piece of radish, aiming it at the younger one but Jungkook picks up a plate to defend his face.

"Yah! Park Jimin, don't waste the food like that!" Jin says above all the noise. You sigh, turning to look out the window at where a soft drizzle has begun. You're all sitting in some small café somewhere in town. It's cosy here, giving a living room vibe. It even has a couch, a television hanging above and a bar table with stools about for quick come-and-go customers on their way to work. The first thing Jin had said when you'd all clambered in was that this place reminded him of his own house.

Taehyung, the odd one you'd figured, started flicking switches on and off at the coffee machines. Jin, who'd been keeping a low eye on the kid as he ate as well as on the others while keeping his attention on the conversation (a true multitasker) finally decided Taehyung's adventures needed to end. "Taehyung-ah, come back here."

"Jin hyung, will you teach me how to make americano?"

"Sit your ass down."

"Jin hyung can make anything," Namjoon says, sweetly.

"Woah, they even had hamburgers here!" Jungkook says wildly, observing the menu which promised a wide range of very delicious food.

"Y/N."

You snap out of your divided attention and try to find the one who'd called you. Jin winks at you and continues. "Hamburgers," he begins, full of himself. "Do you know what colour they are?"

"I swear to god if someone doesn't shut him up right now," Yoongi mumbles, munching furiously on some garlic bread. The maknae line go silent with anticipation.

"Huh?" You say, not getting it. Were you supposed to answer? Was this a joke? What was he trying to sa-

"Burgundy."

There is a loud bam! that signals Park Jimin's head hitting the table in laughter and Jungkook and Taehyung begin a cacophony of laughter that can only sound like hyenas to Yoongi who looks absolutely unimpressed. His expression of a stoic poker face is what causes you to laugh as well as Jin's contagious laughter as he laughs at his own joke before anyone else. Wrinkles crease around the edges of his eyes and your heart almost bursts with softness as you can picture Jin, with all his younger sons, saying dad jokes to brighten the day of the family.