56: What Really Happened

The whoosh of the tunnel knocked out alll the breath in your lungs. It was scary. It felt like you falling falling falling towards your death, just like when Taehyung had pushed you off that damn cliff.

The landscape flashes by in a blur. Everything is shut dark in seconds. You cannot see anything. The air presses upwards against your body, getting colder and colder the more you fell. You felt heavy and lightweight at the some time.

The only thing that kept you from screaming was your teeth biting your lower lip shut and Jungkook's hand clasped firmly in yours.

It felt like you were falling for hours, an endless pit to the bottom of the Earth, like an Alice in Wonderland situation except this was just plain dark and dank and frightening.

But in reality it was about ten seconds.

Before you even had time to greet the beam of light at the end of this vertical tunnel, the cold hard ground collides with legs. The impact cause your legs to collapse and you fall forward groaning in pain in your aching stiff legs that have received the shocking jolt. The front oof your body falls forward and your hand immediately lets go of Jungkook's to protect yourself.

"Idiots!" You hear Jin grumble. "I told you to catch her didn't I?"

You try to stand up, hearing the equally pained groans from Jungkook beside you as he pushes his body off the floor and struggles to stand up. However you, someone who doesn't do push ups every morning and whose body in relation to Jungkook's was much weaker still lay flat on the floor. You could hear Jin's large step as you slowly opened your eyes to get used to the light.

Seokjin hauled you up, pulling you to your feet quite easily and supporting you with a hand on your back. "You okay Y/N? I'm sorry, I told these guys to catch you guys but I don't know what the hell they're doing."

But it took you seconds to understand why the other guys hadn't caught you.

They were doing exactly what you were doing right now. You could hardly hear Jin's apologies and explanation as your mind was boggling with astonishment and awe and shock and fear and confusion and hundred other indescribable emotions.

You were all gaping at your surroundings.

It was unlike something you'd ever seen. You don't know what you expected to be at the bottom when you fell. Perhaps weeds, and hard ground, a few pebbles. The end of a well sort of scenario. But this...this was far from it.

Far from anyone's expectations. Even Taehyung's.

You couldn't believe what you were seeing. It was like you'd fallen into another world or you'd fallen upside down. As if you'd fallen off the bottom end and ended up on top end. Everything about you were things you'd never seen before and of which you could never explain. But the space was so huge, there was so much to see that you stood there for what seemed like an eternity soaking it all up in the building tsunami of emotions within you.

It was like an underground, a fallout shelter. The place had been dug and mined in such a way that the ceiling hung sort of low, made of layers upon layer of soil and rock, meters up which would have been the proper surface. All around, the walls stretched about made of thick rock impermeable by large objects or creatures.

It was an expansive place. But that was not the shocking part, the part that made your body give way in Jin's arms, and your eyes burst wide. It was what it contained. 

The first thought that struck you was the word science. It echoed through every inch of the place, covered in moss , dust, creepers, dried liquids, cobwebs belonging to crawling spiders and bugs.