111: The D Incident

"What day is it?"

You yawn, patting your hair down in disinterest. You snap the valve shut, turning the knob efficiently to close the bathroom door, something you had gotten so used to doing.

"Friday," you say randomly.

"You said it was Monday yesterday."

"I also told you to stop asking."

You swim your way towards the cockpit to enjoy your front view of space again. It was something you could never get bored of. The nothingness out there was in fact everything. It was a strange existence, a strange epiphany that made you wonder how and why all of this was there. The bigger picture led to bigger question marks.

"Can you mann for a while?" Hoseok asks from where he was slumping awkwardly in one of the front seats. "I just took it off autopilot but I want to check the tanks."

"Sure," you nod, not really paying attention as you marvel at the view once again. "Check the radar, avoid the red buttons. Got it."

"Thanks."

Jimin raps his knuckles impatiently on the bathroom door annoyed as he does a bored spin in front of the cabin. "Taehyung-ah, hurry up. You're taking forever."

"I have to pee," Namjoon complains a little.

Jimin groans. "Seriously who decided one bathroom for eight people in such a cramped space was a good idea?"

"Jimin are you running today?"

"I don't know ... I think everyone got a turn," Jimin flips in the air back to the bathroom door as he addresses the person who asked the question. "Jungkook even went twice I think."

The bathroom door pushes open at that moment, kicking Jimin forcefully so he goes flying forward. Hands and legs immediately going out in a reflex Jimin lightly bounces off the opposite wall like a bouncy Spiderman. He turns around to glare at Taehyung.

"Who's left then?" Yoongi asks, curious.

"Me," Taehyung answers him. "Yeah ... just me."

"Let's go," Jimin prods Taehyung. "I wanna get it over with."

"Where are you guys going?" Jin asks curiously, as he unwraps packets after packets of food for the day's lunch. The food was the same as the one you were used to all along it was just the dehydration and packeting that ruined your appetite. No doubt with the rationing and the daily workout you were going to shed weight.

"We have to vaccum the air vent," Jimin explains to Jin. "It's such a hassle plugging up the cleaner, too."

"But I just opened the dumplings," Jin interrupts them, holding up the packet of cold dumplings he'd defreezed.

"Then we'll eat first and go."

"No," Jimin contradicts Taehyung. "Let's do the rounds first."

"But I'm hungry," Taehyung pouts. "It won't take long too. We're just waiting for Jungkook."

"We can eat after," Jimin argues. "He's still sleeping, anyway."

"Yeah about that," Namjoon furrows his eyebrows. "It's unusual. He's normally the first one up."

"I have to run after. I want to gather my energy," Taehyung speaks over Namjoon.

"It's just a few dumplings. Seriously, all we have to do is check up on the engines."

"Then why can't we eat first?" Taehyung challenges Jimin. "We should eat together with everyone, don't you think?"

"Well maybe we could have if you didn't take so long in the damn toilet."