121: The Effect of Shortages

"Maybe we should sprinkle some water on his face?" Jimin suggests, face creasing with worry.

Both Taehyung and you look at each other in rising anxiousness. The fact that Jungkook was down was already enough to carry for the both of you, especially as you both felt it was your fault for not suiting him up properly and ensuring he was safe. When he hadn't woken up it had added further stress to your worries. However, that embarassment was reaching a peak as everyone gathered around the breaking news.

In order to sit and work more comfortably Jin had insisted on turning on the lights. It had made him suspicious that neither of you had done so in the first place. The flooding white lights of the ship were easy to wake anyone if their chamber doors weren't completely shut and no one in the household wanted to be trapped in that claustrophobia. It hadn't taken long for Yoongi's complaint to roar down the hall like a bullhorn for everyone else to yawn awake.

And now everyone was crowded around the mystery of what had happened to Jeon Jungkook and why he was unconscious. The eyes that pierced your way were like guns pointed at your face.
You lower your face as Taehyung keeps his straight, hoping not to look so guilty. You'd sided with the idea of ​​saying the truth at first but with six grouchy, worried, suspicious men staring you down, you were growing hot and uncomfortable. It was going to be much harder than you thought.

"Let Jin hyung do his thing," Hoseok says instead, massaging Jimin's shoulders. "Wow, I can't look at him like this. He's always been the strongest one in the group."

"Yeah," Yoongi agrees. "Didn't expect him to break down suddenly like that. It's kinda of fishy."

"These two have been awfully quiet," Namjoon looks at you and Taehyung, frowning.

"They found him first," Jin explains on the behalf of the both of you. "Taehyung came to wake me up. Apparently he was already passed out here."

You turn to look at Taehyung with wide questioning eyes. That's the lie that he'd told Jin? How were you supposed to elaborate on such a feeble untruth? There was no solid evidence behind it and you knew Namjoon would not let it slide so easily. 

You look back at the group, seeing the disbelief evident on their faces.

"You ... found him ... like this?" Namjoon repeats, furrowing his eyebrows. "How did this happen?"

As expected, all eyes turn onto you and Taehyung waiting for further elaboration. You look around the room at the confused, concerned expressions feeling a little tongue-tied yourself. You'd left it all up to Taehyung; you hadn't prepared any lie. Furthermore, you didn't want to lie. But the five other pressing faces were a little hard to break against. Seeing your inner turmoil Yoongi is quick to come up with a conclusion himself.

"Maybe she killed him," Yoongi suggests, simply.

Everyone turns to him incredulously, you included. Jimin looks at you warily as your mouth drops open in complete betray and confusion. However, Yoongi nods as if it was such a viable explanation. "She was tired of his nagging, and how he kept going after her so she decided to just e-"

"Are you insane?" your eyes go wide, defensive at once. " Kill him? If I had to kill anyone it would be YOU," you add, growling at him, angrily. He had literally called you a murderer. "You've been the most a-"

"And how did it happen that the two of you were together?" Namjoon cuts through the beginning of a fight, wanting to get to the bottom of it. He looks from you to Taehyung and back again, eyebrows raised in sarcastic expectation.

"We were ... talking," you say, hastily, when Taehyung doesn't reply. He was going to pay for being so silent later. "We were hanging out together." You meet Namjoon's eyes and he looks back at you challengingly.