109: Boredom and Bumps

"Run, run, run!"

Panting, you throw your hair back feeling your sweat cling onto your body. Your legs were aching, your heart was tired from pumping so fast and you just wanted to collapse. But the dumb treadmill wouldn't stop running, it wouldn't even slow down. You had five more minutes to go but they were five long minutes that seemed to freeze time.

I want to give up. I'm never doing this again, ever.

Don't you dare give up. You're almost there.

You eye Jimin enviously from the corner of your eye. He swallowed water bubbles effortlessly, making a satisfying sigh with every gulp. You wanted that water down your throat, cooling your body, quenching your exhaustion and thirst. It gives you a tiny ounce of motivation to run faster. Just a little bit more and then you could prove to these idiots that you weren't weak at all. Oh you couldn't wait to gloat when they ran and suffered especially Min Yoongi: that man did no exercise at all yet he was getting buffer by the day.

One minute left.

It felt like an hour. You could feel yourself slowly slackening the closer you got to zero. Was he counting slower? Time usually went faster than this...he probably didn't even know how to count or he was doing it on purpose to make you suffer because he-

I know how to count very well.

Then why is it going so slow?

'Cause you're worrying too much about it.

shut up and focus on counting.

shit...where was I? Forty six? Forty seven?

are you kidding...jeon...jeon jungkook I will-

from the top then.

like HELL from the top.

You bang your first on the emergency stop and the treadmill clenches to a stop. Panting, you loosen the straps at once, falling backwards like a whole crowd of cheering people were going to catch you. Instead, you float away like a spirit into the corridor of the ship, chest rising up and down and heart beating wildly. Jimin offers you the packet of water pitying and you grab it at once, squeezing large bubbles out of it.

"Well done." Jungkook raises his hand for a high five but you have no energy to even slap his palm. You sigh out loud, letting Jimin return his high five as you greedily gulp the water. It was over. You could chill now...you could rest and forget about it all now. This was freedom. This was how dogs felt when they we were let out of the house and taken for a walk. This was how refugees and prisoners felt once they were released.

you exaggerate.

"I'm going to die," you complain out loud, looking at Jimin. "I mean look at him! He's become so skinny too. We'll both die like this."

A soft whistling echoes in soundwaves through the corridor. Taehyung pops in happily, looking extremely fresh and ready unlike you and Jimin who'd just run a marathon for all your lives. He swings his arms to and fro, restlessly.

"We goin' on a trip in our favorite rocket ship, soaring through the sky~"

"Shut up," Jin rolls his eyes, closing the bathroom door behind him. "You've been singing that for the past hour."

"I'm bored," Taehyung grumbles, cutting short his song. "There's nothing to do here." Both you and Jimin immediately point to the death machine but Taehyung doesn't seem so enthusiastic regarding your exhausted state.

"There's nothing else to do here," he corrects himself.

"Let's play something, hyung," Jungkook suggests, not liking the appearance of a gloomy, bored Taehyung.