66: Puzzle Pieces

[The winter package pics are SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL]

The eight of crowd into the little cockpit as Hoseok rambles on excitedly. You can hardly listen to what he's saying as you're still dwelling on how you'd been down there all alone with Jungkook. Why did it always seem that whenever something was building up, or you were on the edge of something that Hoseok's voice called you out? Was it some sort of warning? It's like reaching the best part of a dream only to wake up, or finally arriving to a destination just to realize you're back where you started. It left you with an odd feeling. You didn't know what it was and like your memories it just seemed to fade away, yet linger in some part of your brain.

You look over to Jungkook but he seems unfazed, listening intently to what Hoseok had to say. You shake your head to yourself. No, he was Jungkook. He would always be that innocent little kid. That emo black haired idiot who had no sense of maturity, yet seemed to be good at everything.

You smile slowly to yourself as you picture that.

"Y/N you're not listening!" Hoseok cries. He marches over, shaking you out of your daydream in front of everyone like a teacher. "I was sounding so smart. Smarter than Namjoon!"

"Hyung the only smart thing that you said was the word 'solar panels,' " Taehyung laughs.

"And you literally searched all of that online."

"Anyways," Hoseok ignores his haters, as he continues. ""It has to do with solar panels. With the light from the sun we can power this upup through electricity. And we can never run out of that in space can we? We just need to locate them, make sure they are in tip top condition and...we have our energy." He beams at the group, but apparently the talk isnt over.

"This computer here suggests that it's our radar." Yoongi picks up Hoseok's trail. "Space is vast but no spaceship can operate without a proper connection to land, just like airplanes and ships. We don't want to get lost and in this is in fact... All just a hoax... Then as soon as this is airborne-"

"We're connected to Earth." Namjoon's eyes go wide. You gulp, looking down at the radar with deep fascination. Your first contact to Earth, to humanity, to others was through that thing. As soon as you were out there, you weren't alone anymore and that was an ironically strange thought.

"How do you know that?" you fold your arms, surprised.

"Like I said," Hoseok begins again, igniring Yoongi as he gestures to the motherboard. "I worked as a producer for different labels. You learn how to untangle these wires and work with controls; also like many of you hate to admit, I'm an expert driver."

"This is nothing like music," Jin furrows his brows. "This is the exact opposite of arts. This is science Hoseok."

"There's an art in science," Namjoon blurts our unnecessarily but his point is something else. He turns to Hoseok. "What about movement?" he questions. "Solar panels work when they face the sun. What if we turn in a direction opposite to the sun and we drop power? What happens then?"

It's a terrifying thought. You had no idea what would happen if you all just suddenly ran out of fuel or something. Would you fall? An endless fall? Was there a bottom to the universe? Or would you just float around there, not moving? And die of starvation?

You made a mental note to hang out with the sunshine line more in order to keep your spirits up. The world was getting gloomier and gloomier, as if you were closer to inevitable death. If you continued like this you would just end up dragging everyone down.

"No..." Taehyung was saying. "I remember studying this. They design the panels in a way that they always continue facing the sun. Though how they do that..." he gives a sheepish smile. "I don't know."