Alternate Storyline #4

[If this ever happened it would be after Chapter 40, so go back and read that if you want]

WHERE Y/N AND YOONGI GOT TOGETHER

He wraps his arms around you tighter and more surely for warmth and removes his head from your neck for a second. 

You realise by the intense heat of his body that your own skin is freezing. You'd run out in the middle of the night in your anger and balled yourself up that you hadn't realised that the chill of the night air was sharper than ice. If he wasn't here spreading body warmth and making you laugh, you'd probably have become a popsicle.

Through the fabric of your shirt,  the gesture spreads delight and love throughout your entire body like magic.  By far, the sweetest thing he'd ever done.  Seeing this strong natured, wise, steel-first-impression, dark-humoured man cry was one thing. 

Feeling him embrace you like this,  was a whole other.

"Don't you dare cry, " Yoongi whispers,  kindly. "I was just kidding about the shoulder crying thing. I can't bear to see that.  Especially from you. "

"And why is that?" you ask, contentedly as you lean against him. You were just making conversation so you didn't really care what his answer was but when he doesn't reply, you get a little concerned.

Turning in his lap to look at him, you come right face to face with him. His eyes blink softly as he looks back at you, face expressionless but his eyes holding everything he wanted to say. He looked so serious yet so soft, gentle and protective in that moment that you yourself couldn't move.

"Why..." he repeats softly, as if almost to himself. You don't know what's suddenly changed but somehow the person in front of you was a Yoongi you no longer knew. His next words confirmed that.

"Because I'm in love with you."

It was like in that exact moment the cold wind from outside slams into you, freezing your heart and your veins. You tense up like a statue in his arms and he feels it but doesn't move either, keeping eye contact with you. He didn't know if he could say anything else, he hated words more than anything but if just by looking at you, holding you, he hoped he could say everything he wanted ro say.

"What?" you breathe, suddenly, surprising even yourself. It had to be some sort of joke on his part again, didn't it? I mean...the Yoongi you knew...he'd...he couldn't –

"This must be funny to you," he says with a small smile looking away, now embarassed. "Jungkook said the same thing to you minutes ago. I guess I am late. But...that just made me realise..." he exhales, avoiding all eye contact with you now, finding it difficult to speak. He didn't know what to say that could ever express what he truly wanted to say.

"What I mean..." he says, mustering the courage to look at you again. "...is that...I..." Words fail him again as he looks at you, getting lost in your face. His mouth relaxes as he just resolved to looking at you with an expression that could have melted an iceberg.

There was something different and mature about him too. He hadn't shouted or gotten angry like Jungkook, nor had he pushed himself onto you, looked frustrated jn any way, or even implied that anything about this moment was going to be inappropriate. He just told you how he felt, that was it. And he'd done it in a way that was so subtle, confessing and almost shy that you couldn't help your heart reaching out to him in that moment.

For even if he annoyed you or teased you, or brought up jokes he was always somehow there for you. He'd trusted you enough to cry in front of you, to come back to the group, to understand your hurt and your pain, to notice when you might feel cold or uncomfortable. He was that invisible member who carried the entire group on his hands and this man right here, was carrying you in his heart as well.