104: Stuck In Space

"Put your helmets on. Now."

As you prepare to immediately obey, Jin clutches Hoseok's arm pulling him back urging him to wait before acting rashly.

But it was too late. That revelation had broken chaos already. Fear rose sky high and all scenarios of death began to play like a series of options through your head. You were going to die. That was it. That was the end.

"Hyung," Jimin begins, turning to Namjoon desperately. "We aren't just going to endlessly fly around in space are we?"

"We have to be going somewhere," Yoongi adds urgently.

"The resources will run out."

"Calm down, calm down," Jin raises a hand, pulling everyone into a quick oddly formed circle. "Let's think this through properly."

You nod, agreeing with him and everyone look at Jin expectantly. However, his job done, Jin turns to Namjoon waiting for him to continue. Namjoon, realizing that he's been handed the spotlight looks around a little bewildered.

"Ah," he begins a little sheepishly. Leadership was difficult, especially in times like this of irrational fear. Yet he himself could hardly calm down, not knowing ideally what plan to map out.

"He doesn't know what to do," Jimin deduces, his sigh going soundless in the vacuum.

"No wait," Namjoon says, desperate to maintain the little peace that had formed. "We just need to put our heads together. There must be some way to know how to get home. This spaceship won't exist for nothing and we couldn't have possibly been expected to figure it all out right?"

"Well," Yoongi slides is hands over his suit. "We weren't given any help the whole time. In fact, we were just pushed further and further from our goal."

"If I'd known I was gonna die like this," Hoseok begins, color drained from his face. "I would have opted for suicide."

"You can't even die!" Jimin accuses him, like it was a fault. Jealousy rising within him, he looks away from Hoseok scowling. "It doesn't change anything for you."

"Hoseok hyung!" Namjoon says his name suddenly, realizing the existence of the pilot. "You studied the control board didn't you? Isn't there like a radar, or a tracking device ... a map? Anything?"

"A map?" Hoseok laughs in a smirk as if he'd never heard anything more amusing. "This isn't an ordinary plane, it's a spaceship. You don't have radars for spaceships' cause there's hardly any traffic."

"There are radars for satellites though," Taehyung perks up, with a piece of information. "I suppose if we got close to one it could pick us out. Then people from Earth would realize we exist."

Namjoon snaps his fingers in decision. "That's it. We just need to loom our way close to a satellite or some manmade objects that can identify our spacecraft."

"How are we supposed to do that?" you want to know. "It's just as hard as finding Earth."

"If we look at the facts," Namjoon says turning to you. "Our night and day were just the same as on Earth. Our environment was not that different either although there were some peculiarities to do with the atmosphere and the seasons and all. Given that it shouldn't be hard to figure that we aren't that incredibly far away right? "

"Perhaps like the Moon," you nod, crossing your arms. "The distance from the Moon to Earth is about 3 days thus theoretically it shouldn't take us more than a week to get home."

"That leaves the direction," he picks up from where your trail of thought ended. "We need to be moving in the right direction after all."

"For that we'd need to locate the sun first. I think it would give us a good start to begin with. Then we can move on to signs of civilization."