89: The Bright Side

Jungkook holds his head in his hands as Namjoon presses the edge of his palms against his lips. No one knows what to do or say anymore. Really, there was nothing they could do and like Jungkook had confessed it truly sucked. All appetite was gone and now that you were gone the group felt a little empty.

"Hyung," Jimin begins tentatively. "It's been hours. Someone should go to her."

Namjoon and Jin exchange glances unsure as to what to do. "Maybe you're right," Namjoon agrees finally. "But we don't even know where she's gone."

"I know where she is." Jungkook sighs, disliking the fact that he knew.

"You should probably go," Jin says softly. "You're the other half and you could relate with her. Y-"

Jungkook shakes his head sadly. When he looks up, Jin is a little surprised. He looks entirely broken. He thought the boy would have been a little happier to know that he was somehow more connected to the person he liked but it had seemed to backfire in a different way. "This is the worst, hyung," Jungkook says nose wrinkling on the edge of tears as he presses fingers to his eyes. "She hates me even more now... And I- I can't even do anything about it."

His heart warms suddenly for the child. He was helpless and a part of him ached to see the confident, boyish, innocent Jungkook this devastated. No, he had to do something about it if he couldn't.

"I'll find her." He says standing up and grabbing his coat from the back of his chair. "Tell me where."

***
You stand watching the sunset, head bowed down. You weren't crying, in fact you were trying a sort of meditation. To keep your mind as clear as possible, to block any thought and to refresh yourself. You'd never felt so self-conscious in your entire life and you hated, absolutely hated that this was how it had to turn out. Telepathy? Even just reading other people's minds would be better than having to share your thoughts with someone now. And not just anyone, it's Jeon Jungkook.

No Y/N, don't think. You smack your head as if that would shake out anything inside it. Clear mind, empty head. Not a single thought.

What is she trying to do?

You groan inwardly. Ugh, even if he couldn't read anything you would still get his thoughts. Was it always going to be like this? Would you never get a moment of peace after this? What if you were sleeping and he was still up talking or doing something...would you still hear all his thoughts? And would he yours? There had to be some way to just, mute your thoughts. You hug your knees upset.

You'd stormed off, without knowing where you'd go and ended up walking far from the house before stopping at the edge of the woods. There was a small bench on the ground just at the border, perhaps from hunters or guides to gather their equipment or tie shoelaces etc. You'd probably have been glad to disappear into the forest if there was anything left of it or you hadn't just nearly died in there a couple of hours ago. The sight in front of you was bleak. The trees were burnt black and stood upright simply by their skeletons. It looked like a forest during winter: leafless, dark and uninviting.

The sound of something plopping besides you causes you to turn your head. You catch sight of Jin's side profile as he looks in front to see what you are looking at before turning to look at you. His warm white turtleneck makes you notice how his hair has grown long into a mullet. You wonder why you haven't noticed these small perfections about him before.

"Hey," he says gently with a small smile.

"Hey," you say back, a little less enthusiastically.

He just sits there not saying anything or rather not knowing what to say. Realizing you aren't just going to start talking on your own he says slowly. "How do you feel?"