25: Restart

You've officially stopped thinking. Your mind is blank yet so chaotic at the same time.

All you can do is feel now. Feel the way the soft cushions of his lips, press gently against yours. You can feel the way he tastes on the edge of your bottom lip, the sweet wetness licking the edge of mouth and you push forward thirsty for more Thirsty for that feeling. You can feel his nose against the left side of yours, brushing past it when he first leaned it to kiss you. The skin of his cheek warm against yours. The closeness of him, his body warmth. The scent of him devours you, his cologne overwhelming your senses.

And you can feel his stare boring into your eyes. He's looking right into your soul willing you to listen to him and shut the hell up for once because he's found something. Willing you to forgive him for being a jerk, as it adjusts to a softer my apologetic lens. His determination is strong.

You do the most unexpected things.

You have no recollection of kissing. Being young adults the both of you, the way you embrace each other is like the first time. This new world has washed over you and turned you into nothings. It's given you a do-over. New experiences, new first times, new everything.

Almost nostalgic almost absolutely foreign, the feeling of Jungkook kissing you is out of worldly.

You're definitely too stunned to think.

The fateful kiss lasts a matter of seconds. He pulls away first, pressing his lips together at once as if cherishing you. He blinks, destroying his spell as he finally achieves your silence.

"Stay quiet now, " He whispers. You can't move your gaze from his lips, watching as they move to form words. He gesture with his head towards the small cluster of trees that look oddly planted on the side of the empty road.

You follow his direction, trying to make out what it is that he's so keen about.

And then you hear it. A soft rumbling.

Your heart clenches as you immediately think of another deformed creature. What was it gonna be this time? A centaur? A panther with zebra stripes? You were in deep trouble either way because you couldn't outrun either animal. You glance up at Jungkook, as he's still standing rather close to you. Suddenly aware of that, your body flares up in embarrassment as your mind retraces to what just happened.

Yeah. What the hell just happened there?

Your eyes run over his chest and then to his strong defined biceps. Whatever the creature, you felt more safe knowing that this man had the guns to protect you. But...he'd also just-

You push him away suddenly, feeling very flustered, pressing your hands against his chest and pushing hard. He steps back, not expecting the sudden rejection and looks at you weirdly. You look away from him, walking off down the road to hide your pink cheeks.

"Yah!" you hear him yell after you. "Where are going? Y/N!"

Your heart is beating so fast and you don't even know why. You quicken your steps but he's faster. He grabs youyour hand and whirls you around. "Wh-what's wrong?"

His confusion dissolves into a small smirk plays across his skin as he sees your face. Oh yay, we've got cocky Jeon back in the house. He was tough to deal with.

"Oh~," he taunts a little, tongue running across his lips. "Liked it did ya?"

"Shut up," you roll your eyes trying to look cooler.

He grins, running a hand through the back of his hair. "Well you wouldn't shut up."

"Yeah?! 'Cause you were being so rude! Seriously I-"

"Alright alright," he takes your hand in his and you give it to him with a little resistance. "I'm sorry," he murmurs, apologetically. There is a silence as you accept his apology but then his seriousness turns into a grin.

"So, really, how was it?"

"Can we not talk about that," you say promptly, jerking your head to the side the way he did, towards the bushes which had caught his attention previously. "Now let's go check it out."

"Fine," he shrugs, walking towards the bushes. There is a silence and the both of you look at that spot. He pushes his hands in his shorts pockets, looking so attractive the way he does it and surveys the mystery with curiousity.

"What do you think it is?" you ask, crossing your arms beneath your chest.

"I think some other kind of strange creature?" he says, turning to you for your opinion. You nod, decisively.

"I think so too."

Suddenly, the low rumble occurs again. You gasp, startles and move closer to him at once. He tenses, eyes narrowing. But as you listen, you realize that this low rumble is not so animal-like. It's less of a purring or growling but more of a...a technicality error. Like when the TV goes static. Or when a train comes running in on the tracks. This...this was no animal but...nothing here was predictable. Maybe it was.

"You go," you push him forward immediately, like a shield. "Check it out."

"Wh-what?! Why me?" His mouth drops open in betrayal.

"'Cause you're the guy," you say, shaking your head as if it was obvious. He looks at you, unconvinced and crosses his arms as well, tilting his head to the side sarcastically.

"Oh so, that's how it works is it? Well not in my world!"

"Yeah, and what world is that? The world of insane-impulsive-pubescent men?" you snap back. He pauses for a moment as if deciding whether to argue or not. Instead he just sighs and turns around, using a different move.

"Fine, since you're so chicken."

You scoff, incredulous as he walks forward, trying to look so manly although his steps are so small.

Slowly, he inches closer and closer and closer to the bush. Your heart beats faster. Was this a bad idea? What if the zebra shaded panther jumps out and eats him alive? What will you do? Or what if it's like quicksand and he falls into it? How would you pull him out? Should you get Namjoon on quick dial? His breathing shortens as he finally reaches and slowly, ever so slowly he peers over. You tense, watching his back, mind running fast. This was like a horror movie, watching as the idiot moves towards the ghost. No no, as much as you despised his guts for being such a pig you didn't want him to end up as a sacrifice for your curiousity. It was probably just nothing...he didn't have to do this. You all could just live in this bloody world and everything would just turn out fine someho-

"AARGH!"

You shriek, eyes going wide open. Adrenaline surges through you. He's disappeared. Wait...he's actually disappeared? Into nothingness?

"JUNGKOOK!"

A small coconut head pops up behind the bush, tufts of hair poking out messily. His face submerges and half-expecting to see his face all scratched up or something you brace yourself. But-

"Hahaahahaha oh my god your face XD," he bursts out laughing, head thrown back in complete joy. His laughter rises and falls like music scales as he roars, unable to contain himself.

"What...what the hell?!" you demand, the horror slowly melting from your face. "J-jungkook! This isn't funny!"

"Oh yeah it is XD," he laughs, slowly subsiding and gesturing to you. "Come over and look." Face dissolving into distrust and confusion you edge over slowly, pouting, watching him the entire time. Was this some sort of prank?

"Jungkook!~" he mimicks you, laughing even louder.

"Shut the hell up, my ears are bleeding," you glare at him, crawling over the bushes to join him. There's a little empty spot there and unlike how you imagined no strange creature. No centaur, no bubbling lava, nothing dangerous, nothing.

Except a little brown box.

[ did you miss me did you miss me did you miss me :D]