44: Coconut Head

"Hyung, please, " Jungkook says making doe eyes. He looks up at all the other boys who have gathered around to see the show. Of course the both of you weren't going to just bet and keep it between yourselves. At least you weren't.

"Save me."

"Sorry Kook, " Jin shrugs. He crosses his arms, looking a little excited despite himself. "You made a bet, I can't do anything. "

You grin at Jin as he winks back, and kneel down in front of Jungkook. You tug on his shorts.

"Sit down, coward."

Rolling his eyes, he follows you to the ground, crossing his legs as he tries to feel more at ease. Even when sitting he was still taller than you, such that you needed to be on your knees to be face to face with him. He meets your joyful eyes with worried ones of his own.

"Oh my god, " Jimin breaks out laughing, suddenly. "I can't believe she beat you at Need For Speed. "

"Shut the hell up, " Jungkook glares at Jimin, as you fish out scissors and a comb from a bag. "She cheated. She took my best car and then just when I was gonna win again she distracted me by sitting in my lap."

"Aw don't be such a sore loser, " You pat both of his cheeks with your arm, with a sudden urge to squish them like clay.

You'd both argued over the outcome but you'd stated that it was clear on the screen that you were two spots ahead of him. Especially as you'd taken the initiative to leaping into him, scaring his focus and dropping his console.

He gives you a sarcastic look before he submits to lowering his head as he is still taller than you as you both sit. Hoseok spreads himself out on the couch clearly enjoying this as Yoongi watches withba keen and satisfied eye.

"Out of curiousity, " Hoseok says. "Do you even know how to cut hair, Y/N?"

"I can't remember, " You say truthfully. "But how hard can it be?"

"Ahh " Jungkook sighs, raising his head as he caresses his hair for what may be the last time. "This was more troublesome than I thought huh? I'm going to grow my hair long after this, because no doubt this will turn out so-

You grip the sides of his head and lower his head again. "I'd advise you to not move your head too much if you want this to go wrong. "

"It's gonna go wrong anyway," Jimin snickers to Taehyung.

You run your fingers through his bangs, soft silky locks, checking their length, before you start to gently comb through his hair. "Aishh, I'm doing you a favor. How can you even see through this?"

He looked like the typical emo kid in high school that hides himself behind his dark bangs. He could seriously be quite attractive if he didn't drape himself in black all the time as if he was going to a funeral everyday. Dressed in something more colorful could make this man a more pleasant sight.

"So what was going to happen if Kookie won? " Jin asked suddenly as you got to work.

"I was gonna take her... On a date."

"Ohhh, " Yoongi's wide smile blooms wide as if he was watching middle schoolers flirt in his favorite kdrama. "How unfortunate."

You smile to yourself. It had been so obvious that the man was going to win and he was so close too, that leaping into his lap had been your last straw. To your utmost delight, it completely wrecked him and for the first time in his life...

Jeon Jungkook lost.

To a beginner.

You lean forward over the distance between the two of you with the scissors hesitating a little. Even if you'd won, you didn't want to ruin his look. You weren't that mean.