35: The Drone

"It's like they say, " Namjoon says,  leaning back in his chair watching Jungkook show off the device.  "Boys play with toys. "

"You're a boy, " You say. 

"I'm a man, " Namjoon says at once.  "There's a difference. "

"And what's that? "

"Less drones,  lower tones," Namjoon rasps out in the lowest voice he can achieve.  You break out laughing and laugh even more when you hear the back up vocals of Jin's windshield wiper laugh behind you. 

"He's right, " Hoseok nods,  laying an arm carelessly in the chair behind you.  "I mean look at them. "

From where you are relaxing with the hyung line you look onto the sight of the three younger ones as they fool around with a drone Jungkook had salvaged from the ruins of a gift shop or something.  He had been so delighted he had run all the way back to show it off and now they were fixing it up.  You didn't know much about drones except for the fact that they are like mini airplanes that you could control and people used them for hawk-eye filming.  For a concert or football match or something. 

But that hardly mattered now.  All they wanted to do was compete with who could fly it faster and higher.  Their innocent youthful souls arguing and agreeing over such an insignificant object brought all the boyishness out of them. 

"You're right," You nod,  although you can't help smiling.  "You guys are more manly. "

"Psychologically, " You add for a better measure as you suddenly catch sight of a thick pair of thighs.  " They're more mature body-wise. "

"Hey hey hey, " Jin taps you're shoulder.  "All these other guys are fine.  But my shoulders aren't losing to the maknae line. "

"Oh really, " Hoseok smirks.  "You obviously haven't seen my-"

"What's that crap, " Yoongi grumbles,  ruffling his hair sexily as he walks out of the house. 

"Kookie found a drone! " Jimin says eagerly.  "We're trying to fly it. "

"Whatever, " Yoongi moves past,  uninterested and joins the group on the grass.  He flops down at once in front of you,  getting comfortable between your knees like a cat moving from a seat of lounging to the next.  You wrap you arms around his neck from behind, in a friendly way.  After you're little discovery of Yoongi you have been more affectionate towards him and he's been more drawn to you.  He may still be hard,  cold,  unbothered Yoongi to the rest of them but to you he was the softest man alive.  He was a baby. 

"Good morning,  Yoongles, " You tease him.

"Shut up. "

"Why don't you go fly a drone? "

"I ain't a kid. "

"It's up!" Jungkook grips on tight to the handle as the drone makes a whirring noise,  flying up high and high and higher into the sky.  You all watch it become smaller and smaller. 

"Yah, yah...does it have one of those small cameras?" Hoseok asks.  Despite the manly talk he was getting excited himself. 

"Yeah,  hyung! " Taehyung runs forward to show.  You all look closer and marvel with oohs and aahs at the picture of the landscape.  You can see yourselves,  just the tops of your heads and the house.  It was amazing.  Jungkook,  too engrossed in his own world,  flew it up and down and made it do loops,  forgetting the purpose of the device. 

"Careful," Jimin warns him, helping Jungkook.  The both of them play around with it for a while until Namjoon notices something. 

"Hey,  wait a second, "

You don't pay much attention to him,  enjoying the above view through the camera.  It was like the sort you'd see from a helicopter or airplane,  although not that high. This sight could turn out to be a system wallpaper for a phone or computer. It was so beautiful it looked fake. 

Namjoon gets up slowly and moves towards the duo.

"Hand it here, a sec," He commands,  reaching for the thing. 

Jungkook immediately holds it closer to him like a baby.  "What!  No!  Hyung,  you will break it! "

"I won't break it, " Namjoon rolls his eyes.  "I just want to see something. "

"Then see from there, " Jimin backs up Jungkook. 

"Are you serious? I just need to check something out."

"Hey guys give it to him, " Jin says coming to Namjoon's defense like a mother trying to reason with children. 

"It's his turn now, " Jin adds mockingly.

You and Hoseok start laughing again with Taehyung included. Namjoon shoots Jin a look that could cut through ice but Jin doesn't care as he can't control his laughter, eyes wrinkled into crescent moons of joy.

"What do you want to see? " Jungkook asks. "The camera is there. "

"Just fly it higher. As high as you can in the same spot." Namjoon directs.  "Go as far up without losing it. "

"Huh? " Jungkook looks at Namjoon  confused but doesn't care to argue.  As long as it is in his hands he's cool with it. 

He follows Namjoon's directions,  controlling the device higher and higher until it becomes almost a speck from the naked eye.

"Pass the view, " Namjoon demands.  Taehyung hands it over at once.  You gulp.  There is a silence and Namjoon's chin sticks out in seriousness as he surveys the screen. 

His eyes scan every drop.  Jungkook looks up into the sky cautiously. 

"What is it,  hyung? " He asks,  trying to balance it well. 

Namjoon's lower lip shakes.  His eyes widen as he draws a finger over the screen. 

"Oh my god, " He lets out a shaky breath. He clutches the view more tensely.   "Oh... My-"

"Namjoon? " Jin says his name,  a little panicked and gets up, walking towards Namjoon.  You all follow at once.  With so many heads now crowding the small screen you can all hardly see anything.  The green fog up in the atmosphere just floating above the drone does nothing to obscure the view.

Treetops now look like pindrops.  The entire landscaps looks like a pencil-drawn sketch or a map. 

Namjoon 's hands shake. 

"What the fuck... " You hear Yoongi gasp from in front of your vision.  You heart beats faster.  What was going on? 

"Namjoon?" Jimin asks.  Jungkook lowers the object and Namjoon breathes heavily,  trying to find words that make sense to explain what he wants to say. Shuddering he turns to Taehyung.  "Y-you were right."

Facing the rest he swallows heavily.  "Taehyung.... Theories...So close. So close."

"Namjoon,  you're not making any sense," Hosoek says eyebrows furrowed  "what do you mean? "

Jin grasps Namjoon's shoulder's holding the man steady.  You all wait in growing anticipation.  You can hardly hear,  you heart is beating so loud.  What was happening?  What did he see? 

"The green fog, " He begins,  slowly. He unravels the entire story, piece by piece of unfortunate event as if telling a story that he is still confirming himself.

 "The inexplicable fires... The unfamiliar environment and technology...The strange creatures.... The weird weather..."

He looks up,  his eyes attacking each and every one of yours.  Pupils shaking. He swallows hard. His next words change everything. 

"This isn't our planet."

[*pikachu shook face*]

[Oh and Happy Jungkook Day everyone ❤❤]