141: The Wild Goose Chase

"Faster hyung!" Namjon growls, exasperated riding shotgun. "We're going to lose them completely!"

"Argh why is the fuck is there so much traffic?" Hoseok shouts, his voice growing loud for the first time ever, slightly intimidating the rest in the back. "I can't move for shit. They block the entire road."

He swerves suddenly, before nearly crashing into the car in front of him. An angry protest erupts from the car, quickly drowned out by the wind and noise. Furrowing his eyebrows even further, Hoseok increases the gears, beeping furiously as if to annoy everyone to move out his way. He glances at the speedometer in concern, completely neglecting the flashing speed-limit. 

"Man this world really is overpopulated," Yoongi says, impressed as he looks out the window at the number of cars on the road. They were numbers of them parked on the side too, including vans, trucks, motorbikes, bicycles, literally anything that could be used for transport. It scared him to think that they weren't just props of the planet but they actually belonged to people. 

"H-huh what's going on?" Jin stirring from his unconsciousness wakes up to find himself in a racing vehicle. His bewilderment grows as he looks around him to see the utter chaos, hardly noticing that you were missing. As the car moves about carelessly, he clutches onto Taehyung beside him, almost falling into the pit between the seats. "Where am I? Why am I in a car?"

"Ah he's awake," Namjoon notices. He gives a signal to the younger three pointing at Jin, asking them to watch out and explain things to him. 

"Hyung Y/N's been kidnapped," Taehyung states, expressionlessly. 

"What...WHAT?" 

"Don't faint again, you're useless that way."

The sound of a bike racing past the scares Jin, and he finds himself pressing against the seat in a reflex. With five people in the back it was an extremely tight fit with Jimin was practically half-sitting on Taehyung's lap. 

Jimin lies pressed against the back of the seat, the forced acceleration pushing his lithe body further and further into the seat. He can hardly break free from the thrust not to mention comprehend the situation. Shouting with the others, extremely frightened of Hoseok's reckless driving, especially with all the new obstacles, he can't remove his eyes from the front screen. 

"Hyung hyung hyung watch there! Car-careful! Oh m- Y-you drove past a red light!"

"Hell with red lights," Hoseok shouts back, stamping on the accelerator again to pick up speed. "Like I'm going to stop anytime soon."

"He might have a point," Namjoon adjust his seatbelt for a tighter fit in concern, especially with the best view beside the driver. It was like driving VR, or sitting behind a football goal waiting for a player to score and smash your face. "I'm scared for Y/N too but..what if the police come...chase us?"

"P-police?" Taehyung stutters, reaching forward suddenly in concern. "What will happen if they do? That won't happen right? "

"We'll show Jin hyung's face," Yoongi suggests, plainly. "Even if that doesn't work, he can pay the fine."

"What?" Jin face balloons up into mild protest, eyes bulging. "How can you say that? I've literally been on this planet for hardly a few hours and you want to sacrifice me?"

The car swerves violently suddenly, throwing everybody to the left. Yoongi, who was sitting on the far left by window lets out a scream of pain, getting crushed by three bodies. Kicking them off him, irritatedly, he pushes to the front ready to complain at the driver but Hoseok couldn't care less. 

Amidst the chaos only one person was absolutely quiet. Jungkook sits by himself, eyes almost closet as he stares into space. Almost as if completely unaware of everything around him, he manages to balance him somewhat in the unstable car as he tries his best to reach out to you. It wasn't just that everyone had given him the responsibility to get your whereabouts and console you, he was genuinely afraid for you. You were all alone, thrown into back of some suspicious car for reasons unknown and he wanted nothing more than to let you know that he was there for you, that he was coming, that you had him.