106: Swimming With The Stars

"Like this," you offer your hands out and help him strap the helmet on properly. He gives you a thankful smile and you nod, heart pounding as you think of what you are about to do.

The both of you turn to the round hexagonal wall that appeared blank yet held so much power. It was the only obstacle between the inside and the outside and it made the biggest difference to life.

You gulp, trying not to rethink the situation. You knew how much he wanted to do this and you also didn't want to appear cowardly. It's important to take risks to know the worth of life. Someone had quoted that ... you just couldn't remember who. However, if that saying was true you wanted to experience it.

Lying in that chamber you'd realized that you'd lived the most in those two years than in your entire life. You'd felt alive and throbbing through the fear you'd accomplished so much and grown mentally. It made you feel stronger in so many ways and you knew that now- on this space ship- on your way home you're heading back to normality. A bleak normality of school and home and a repeat and it did bum you out a little.

You had to make the most out of it. Now you were in space and like Taehyung pointed out you'd probably never have the chance to ever try this again. It made the moment more crucial.

"Y/N?" You hear his voice echo from the back of your mind. Jungkook? you think at once but no it was coming through that little fuzzy rasping of the mic.

"Huh?"

You look up to see Taehyung staring intensely at you. He's studying your face as if trying to understand what you're thinking by that. You stare back for a few moments before the invoice comes in again.

"Y/N? Can you hear me?"

"Yeah," you answer half-heartedly.

He purses his lips. "Are you having second thoughts?"

"No," you give him a reassuring smile. "It's more of the opposite. I'm preparing myself and convincing myself that this is right."

"I swear," he vows again. "You won't regret it."

Together the both of you look away to the huge door. As you still stare at it, Taehyung secures the belt at the navel of your spacesuit, making sure you are well attached. Suddenly, Taehyung wraps his arms around the chord and pulls violently. You entire body comes swinging along with the pull and your front crashes into his. You look up, his hand still firmly the the cord but now at his waist, your face inches away from each other, spacesuits pressed against each other. The tension suddenly rises as your eyes meet Taehyung who is looking down at your with an with an expression you cannot identify.

"Good," you breathes, huskily, the transmition coming through the helmet. He stays like that only the second longer before moving away, creating distance between the boys of you.

"Pull," he demands, pointing at his own cord with his eyes. You lightly tug of it, the movement feeble and inactive unlike the strength and confidence when he done so. However, he seems satisfied will the security. Finally, after rechecking the cords on the ship-end, he moves to the lever.

Your heart pounds faster as his hand rests over the bar. "Oh by the way," he adds, looking right at you suddenly. "Where's Jungkook?"

Jungkook? You look at him perplexed not expecting that name to turn up suddenly. What about him? Had they planned to do this together?

"Jungkook is sleeping ...?" you reply, confused.

"Oh," Taehyung raises his eyebrows, a little disadvantaged by the situation. "But...you can wake him up right? Like he can still hear you?"