107: Astronauts

It was the most quiet morning you'd ever experienced with the boys. You couldn't hear a thing, no shouts, no arguments, no complaints, no munching or grinding of teeth and no music.

Pin drop silence.

You open your eyes hurriedly at that. No sound? Had you gone deaf? Were you dead? Where was everybody? You hurriedly push off the straps around you, kicking out of your sleeping back in a hurry to step out and run to check if everyone was okay.

Instead you float out of the bag at a ridiculously low pace, gliding through the air like Mary Poppins from the sky. Your heart rate calms down a little as you realize you'd forgotten about the whole anti-gravity thing.

You remembered the spaceship but you hadn't remember the space part. Annoyance already crawling into you from the beginning of the day, you swim out of the alcove.

The emptiness was filled by the slight whirring sound of the rocket engines but the corridor was empty and unattractive. Yesterday's scientific sight of a hollow tunnel with airbags, plastic bags, tune boxes, pipes, levers and the grounded sacks welcomed your vision. You wince at the ugliness.

Was it even morning? You couldn't tell with no sunlight for all that existed was this wallpaper of the stars. It gave you no indication of time. Days did not exist in the universe nor did mornings or nights.

It made you feel incredibly small and alone.

I'm here.

You're awake?

Yeah I woke up before you.

How did you sleep last night?

You're anxious to make sure that he didn't know what you had been up to, because the man could easily snitch. Even though he'd been asleep, a slight stirring or restlessness could easily bring him to your thoughts that had no doubt been exploding with the discoveries and sights.

Suddenly a body floats in from the side corridor. You jump, frightened by the way he suddenly popped up, flying in like a ghost. Bobbing in the air with an interested grin, he floats closer in his plain pajamas towards you.

"What were you up to?"

"Nothing," you reply at once. A small silence follows and you study his face a little intimidated. By the way he's looking at you no doubt he wants to know. Is he listening in? Because if he found out that you and Taeh- one, two, three, four, five ...

"Argh don't count," he complains, laughing out loud.

You laugh with him, enjoying that natural sound in the empty vacuum. You were both pleased and satisfied with how you'd mastered cutting off your train of thought by distracting yourself. It was really the only way you could keep your personal thoughts safe from each other and even though it was a hassle to count it somehow worked.

"Let's wake up Jin hyung for food," he announces, stomach grumbling. His mind really went straight for breakfast right after he woke up. You grab his arm as he turns to leave and gesture to the packaged food tins and the hydrator.

"We're in space."

He grimaces at the dehydrated, squished food. It tasted the same and it wasn't that bad actually but it was visually unappetizing. Also the whole space thing ruined the taste because it just didn't seem fresh, healthy or edible. "I forgot about that."

"What are you guys doing up?" Namjoon's voice suddenly pierces through the vacuum, causing the both of you to jerk in startlement as if you'd been doing something inappropriate. He raises a single eyebrow in judgement looking from you to Jungkook.