79: Burned Alive

"There they are!" Namjoon sighs as he catches sight of you and Jungkook. You arrive to an open clearing, joining the group as they gather around the both of you concerned and angry. Jungkook lets you slide to the ground as you stand beside him, breathing in clearer air. 

The scenario has turned dangerous. The smoke has grown thicker. Small sparks ignite on the grass beneath you and you can hear trees collapsing not too far off. On top of it all, the heat was so intense you'd started to sweat.

Yoongi's butterfly, which had shown up not too long later, catching up with the speedy bunny flew back towards Yoongi. The creature lands on his lips, spreading its wings as he stares intensely at the both of you.

"You better have a good explanation for this." He states seriously, ignoring the creature and causing the butterfly to fall away. "You set the whole fucking forest on fire?"

You humph as Jungkook catches his breath. Leaning your weight on your easy side you think of a reasonable response that doesn't make the both of you sound that bad, but Jungkook sells you out at once.

"It's Y/N's fault."

You turn to look at him incredulous, unable to believe that he's just blaming it all on you. Excuse me? Was he mad because of what you'd said? If so, this was such an immature move. You scoff, glaring at him as he ignores your existence looking at Yoongi.

"My fault? How is it my fault?! You're the one that was looking after the fire!"

"You were watching it last, " He states, face itching as he tries to looks straight forward,  addressing you without making eye contact. Either way, you could feel his annoyance and it gave you a headache.

"Yeah 'cause you just walked off like that!" You declare. "You're so impulsive."

"Did I ask you to come after me?" He says, tearing his face away from the point he was fixated on and glaring back at you, angrily. "If you were smart you would have stayed back."

"Yeah well if you were sm-"

"Shut up!" Namjoon snaps suddenly, kneading his forehead. He scares you a little, his sudden anger igniting a Namjoon you did not know. You'd never seen him like this. He looked very irritated and grumpy. Obviously after that whole drowning event he wasn't planning on running out a forest fire and now here he was in the middle of the night trying to avoid being burnt alive. Everyone was tired: physically and mentally tired of surviving one thing after the next.

"Why were you carrying her?" Jimin asks curiously to Jungkook. The stupid reason of your lame injury returns your fury onto the person who caused it. You'd much rather have run that been bobbed along on Jungkook's back, especially a Jungkook who betrayed you like it was nothing.

"I got hurt."

"What you lookin' at me for?" Yoongi raises an eyebrow.

"It's YOUR fault!"

"Calm down," Namjoon throws out his hands not wanting to stir a heated argument in this already heating forest. "We need to get out of here. The fire is eating this place up alive by the second. We can already feel it. Leads?"

"No animal is going to help us now, since we started the fire and are burning up their homes." Yoongi says glaring at you and Jungkook. "You guys should be lucky I found a damn butterfly." You ignore him moving over to Jin who points at a part of your side, curiously and questioningly. His eyes had been on you ever since you'd stated that you were hurt and you wanted that issue to be solved as soon as possible. You move his hand directing him to the pain and he leans over you, gently applying pressure making you wince.