49: Attacked

Before you can register what's happening, you hear the van door bang open and Yoongi jumps out.

"Yeontan!!" you hear Taehyung shout as he chases after the "dog." It takes its escape at once from the stuffy RV, running off through the door and off into the wild.

"Hyung!!" you hear Jimin's panicked yell. Everyone clambers to the door, but Taehyung leaps out after Yoongi at once. You follow in pursuit and in curiousity. You don't want to be left behind. Plus after what you have seen, you will not be left alone. Not even in the RV.

But as you jog to catch up you suddenly bang into a strong wall a. k. a Taehyung's back.

He backs up right into you, once he feels your collision, pushing you backwards, almost protectively, hands on both sides.

"Tae what are yo-"

And that's when you see it.

Up close.

It... It was definitely a creature of this world. It's mane fell rusty and flared around it's neck as it's long sleek hairless body packed with meat. Both yellow and green in colour, a sort of mix of the wild it bared it's fangs as it watched your group with caution. The long twirling tail that slapped the ground looked like it could take you out in one attack. It looked like on of those enemies one had to defeat in a video game.

And right between it's thick trunk-like feet was Yeontan, nestled protectively under this monstrous creature.

"What is that?" Jin gasps.

"Oh shit," Namjoon curses as he whirls around to Taehyung. "It's the mother, for god's sake!! The mother. I told you that creature was a curse."

It moves forward a little, tongue flicking. You tense immediately, unable to breathe.

A screech from Hoseok is immediately muted by Yoongi's hand clamping over his mouth. Subtly, Yoongi slides his other hand into Hoseok's at once for his own comfort.

The creature's tail whips our wide across the path as it observes the group. You watch its movements from behind Taehyung. It's strength and stature was frightening. It's entire appearance was odd and and abnormal. Calling it a lion would be a understatement.

You gulped. Despite its enormity it was strangely beautiful.

"Wh-what do we do?" Jin demands at once.

"Don't move. " Namjoon commands at once, speaking slowly and clearly. He was like a trained instructor. "And whatever you do don't run. "

Pushed against Taehyung's back you can't help but wonder where his wings come out from inside and how they sprout. And how to must feel to do som

I will always protect you.

Gulping, you remember his promise and the will he had to start working out. To train, he'd said. To fight.

Perhaps he'd felt the need to take the duty of saving you all from the dangers of this planet.

The animal's gaze washes over your little group, almost as if choosing from a buffet. Who knew that instead of getting lunch you would end up being the lunch.

"L-l-ets go ba-"

Suddenly a loud roar errupts from the beasts jaw as it seems to have made its decision. It moves forward at once, and immediately all of you take a step backwards. You huddle closer to them, frightened out of your wits. Hoseok was shaking almost as if he was about to cry. Jin was in a panic frantically looking at Namjoon who at the moment was roots to the ground. Jimin and Jungkook stood together to the side of Tae.