120: Jungkook Down

"What do you mean you can't hear him? What are you saying?" Taehyung says panicking. His pupils search you face, trying to find some sort of clue or hope that could give him a proper answer but all he see was confusion and fear.

"We have to find him," you say suddenly, overcoming your shock. He couldn't be far, but if he wasn't thinking that couldn't mean anything good. Was he okay?

"Let's check the ship first," you suggest hastily. "Maybe he went back in. Yeah? Taehyung... Taehyung?"

"Yeah," Taehyung replies hastily, his mind obviously somewhere else. You were glad you didn't know what he was thinking because you had a feeling his thoughts weren't very positive. Grabbing onto your respective cords, the both of you lunge your way back to the spaceship. Using the weightlessness of the universe made it easier to move around but it was painfully slower. As you rush your way to the outstretched platform you see a figure lying on the edge.

Jungkook.

"Oh my god," you breathe. He was just lying there in his suit, the helmet still trapping his face within those fiber windows. His body lay unmoving on it's front, looking entirely... lifeless.

At the sight of him, Taehyung lunges himself forward through some hidden trick. Shaking his feet in impatience as he finally lands on the platform he jumps forward placing his hands on the younger boy.

"Jungkook-ah, can you hear me? What happened? Why are you here?"

Following almost immediately, you fall to your knees beside Taehyung helping him turn the man onto his back. Jungkook's head doesn't even drop to the side, given the lack of gravity, making him ghostly float up on his own like a haunted spirit.

Please be alive, please be alive.

Your eyes move consequently to his front. The movement of his chest diving up and down dissolves one worry into liquid relief. He was breathing, his heart was kicking, he was alive. What could have happened to him though?

"Jungkook? Jungkook wake up."

Can you hear me?

Taehyung works faster than you, first closing the platform and shutting the exit door. He seems to be thinking rationally as if he'd been prepared for such an outcome. He come to sit beside you, pushing Jungkook to the ground to keep from floating away. He clicks out Jungkook's helmet and unzips his spacesuit so as to infer oxygen into his body and allow him better room to breathe. Meanwhile, you lean over him, shaking his body gently trying to provoke a response.

Your squeeze his arms gently, before placing your hands on his chest to shake him out there. Lightly slapping his cheeks, you repeatedly try to get his attention both internally and externally. But nothing seems to work on him. He seemed to be in a deep sleep, almost like a coma, face expressionless and not so much as flinching as you pinched him lightly.

"Why isn't he waking up?" you ask Taehyung desperately, turning to him. Taehyung doesn't answer you as searches through the clothing, zipping off the layers. Turning the man to his side, Taehyung unhooks the oxygen tank before widening his eyes. "It's so lightweight," he remarks, surprisedly. He holds it more firmly, angling the top towards him before checking the valve at the top.

"Y/N..."

"What is it?" you ask him fearfully.

"His tank...it's almost empty. He's been breathing in CO2, no wonder he's out like this. H-he," Taehyung's eyes widen in realization. "He probably lost consciousness without even knowing it."

"What?" you demand, looking utterly lost. You look back down at Jungkook, hastily shoving the spacesuit more to the side, checking the inner folds. "He put this on himself, right? Did he forget to check the tank level?"