115: Warnings

"Let's get it."

You and Jimin watch slyly as Jungkook straps himself into the harness above the treadmill. Fingers resting on the start button, he pushes it, letting himself begin to walk.

Joining the spectators, Hoseok looks nervously on the side hating how he was next. He'd hoped that he could gain inspiration from watching Jungkook but the comments and expressions of glee that you and Jimin were making were dissuading.

"You're just getting started," you tease Jungkook. still feeling the slight strain in your muscles. "It's hell. You'll know the pain when you run."

"Gadjowa bring the pain on, yeah."

Jimin scoffs at his confident methods to block out your attacks but the both of you were set to get your revenge by watching the man sweat and tire himself out.

"By the half hour mark you'll be begging to pull the emergency stop."

"Ha," Jungkook grins. "That's only you lazy dumbheads. I'm only warming up."

"We'll see."

"Since you're so adamant on watching," Jungkook points out, rolling up his sleeves to give the both of you - but mainly you - a tease as well. "You might as well cheer me on."

Why would I do that?

Because I cheered you till the very end.

I think you mean 'tortured.'

"You guys are so ungrateful," Jungkook turns from his haters to the innocent Hoseok flashing him a thumbs up. "Don't worry, hyung. You'll feel good after and that's what matters."

Suddenly something beeps in the background. You turn curiously to the front of the ship yet before you can even ask what the sound was Taehyung exclaims loudly.

"Guys! The radar's blinking!"

You freeze for a few seconds. The radar was blinking... which meant that you were nearing something. It could merely be a meteorite that you'd now learnee to maneuver as its velocity space was much slower but it could turn out to be a magnificent discovery as well.

Hoseok grabs onto the nearest hooks, pushing himself first towards the cockpit as you hurry to follow him.

"What?"

"Are you serious?"

"You better keep running!" Jimin shouts behind to Jungkook who'd immediately rushed for the stop.

Wait what? What's going on?

You pull yourself into the cockpit using the seats to get in. As everyone crowds around you realize just as Taehyung had claimed that something was blinking on the outer lines of the radar screen. Hoseok pushes his way through, eyes wide, moving closer to the radar. He places a finger on it, covering the flickering red dot before uncovering it again, amazed.

He taps the screen gently as if refusing to believe it's real. As you watch with your eyes, the little red dot blinks it's way closer and closer towards your area.

You glance up, looking through the windows too see if you can spot anything in the distance. What was it? Was it an asteroid, another spaceship, a planet, a comet? What was it?

Something very bright blinks in the distance. It reminded you of something very familiar.

"Hoseok, careful," you hear Yoongi warn from behind. "It's best not to confront it. Let's just wait it out and go slow."

"How far off is it from the radar?" Namjoon asks a little worried. "We haven't even start-"

You switch from the shining thing in the distance to the blinking dot on the radar. What could it be?