140: Run

Jungkook flinches in his sleep, rolling over onto his side. What was this? Had he eaten too much? He didn't feel good, something was bothering him and it was ruining his nap.

"Y/N isn't back yet?" Namjoon points out, confused. 

"She probably had to go a long way," Hoseoks suggests, licking the flavor off his fingers. "Anyways it's not like anything's going to happen. You don't get random fires or animals attacks here."

"You're right," Namjoon laughs, and they both grin at each other at how ridiculously safe they were here. What was there to worry about? After an environment like ARMY, Earth felt like a piece of cake. 

"What about people though?" the woman mumbles under her breath, a little concerned for you. The others didn't seem to be aware of the fact that people wandering the streets late in the evening were dangerous too. In fact, they didn't seem to think that there was anyone else on the planet except for themselves. Even she, herself, was often invisible to them. They hadn't even asked her name.

She turns to the seven lounging men, feeling a little uncomfortable herself. She wasn't sure why she was here anymore and the more she lingered here, the more inhuman they felt. The more concerned she felt not just for herself but for everybody.

"I'm going to make a phone call," she announces, reaching into her jeans to pull out her phone. Hoseok glances at the brand silently, mouth forming into an impressed 'o'.

"Woah, did you see that?"

"See what?" Taehyung asks, lazily. 

"Her phone. It had three cameras on the back. Wow, technology really has developed while we were gone, hasn't it?"

"Of course," Namjoon nods, yawning. "We're probably way outdated. In fact, it'll take us years to catch up to this age."

"Argh," Jungkook groans, making a face as he rolls himself up even more. They turn to him, curiously. 

"What's with him?"

"He probably ate too much," Yoongi mumbles, slowly dosing off himself. He felt the need to stay awake as the second oldest one of the group but there nothing was happening. Everything was serene, quiet and too comfortable for him not to snooze. Jimin had already joined the other two on the ground and he wanted to be next. Despite them being literally on the streets, not one of them seemed to care for the fact as long as they were together. 

"Jungkook..." Jungkook mumbles is own name, subconsciously. "Jungkook.........Jungkook....Y/N...mhh...'

Hoseok, Namjoon, Yoongi and Taehyung chuckle, pressing their hands against their mouths to avoid being heard. Yoongi's smirks, rubbing his forehead. 

"He's having dreams about her again, isn't he?"

"Remember how mad she got last time?" Hoseok can't help but show his smile. He had half the mind to shake Jungkook awake and to ruin his beautiful dream but he loved the kid too much to do so. 

"I wonder what he dreamt about that made her get that angry," Yoongi smirks wider, indicating that he wasn't just wondering but that he knew. 

"They probably have a whole thing going on inside their heads that none of us know about," Hoseok says. "You know sometimes how they're so quiet but you just know that they're talking and it- AH OMG THE FUCK YOU SCARED ME."

Everyone jumps at Hoseok's scream. Beside Jin, Jimin jerks awake, clutching himself, as if prepared to run. He looks around the room, eyes wide.

"What? What?"

Everyone gulps at Jungkook was sitting up now, staring into the space in front of him. He looked petrified, like a statue, staring into a void as if processing something. No, in fact, he looked completely haunted or as if he was seeing a ghost. In the rising dusk it gave an extremely eerie vibe and Hoseok inches away from him, suddenly feeling uncomfortable.