37: The How and The Why

A knock on your door stirs you from your thoughts. After the mishappenings of this morning you'd decided to do what had always comforted you in times of misunderstanding.

Start writing again.

Since a lot had happened you'd figured that it would be easy to write and pour it all out from thought to ink but,  this was different.  They were all sort of trapped and caged inside of you and you were afraid of spilling them.  It was such a relief to write you knew that but right now,  writing was just not the answer.  You'd even put on your favorite oversized hoodie,  brought in a cup of coffee and put on a lamp to set the mood,  but today was just not the day.

Writers block pinched and prodded you from within as you tapped furiously on the book with your pencil. Your thoughts were a turmoil and all you could focus on was the fact that you were uneasy and not about unraveling this uneasiness.

It didn't take you long to realise that there was a different noise other than the tapping of your pencil seeking your attention. 

"Can I come in? " You hear a familiar voice.  You pursue your lips,  not expecting him yet knowing he was the most expected to knock.  He was not the sort of person to make a scene and leave it like that.  He would talk it out and make things clear.  Something which was very mature and something you wanted to avoid at the moment. 

You pause at that thought. Maybe you weren't as mature as you thought, but hopefully not at a Jeon Jungkook level.

But you couldn't let Kim Namjoon just stand out there by himself. Who knows how long he'd been there finding the courage to knock. 

"Yeah,  come in. "

The door pushes open and he enters.  His eyes catch the light of the lamp and what you're doing at once. They scan the remove hesitangly before resting upon you.

"Am I disturbing? "

"No, " You say with a small smile as you turn back to your empty page.  "Couldn't write anyway. "

"Well maybe I can help, " He says softly,  sitting down on the stool nearby and bringing himself closer to you.  He leans on one arm on the table and just watches you.  You start putting things back,  erasing your little sketches and tucking your hair behind your ears so it doesn't fall on your face.  All the while his eyes don't leave your face,  as he is immersed in you just as you are immersed in tidying up. 

"What's up? " You turn to him finally,  startled a little when his gaze hits your face at once. 

"I... I wanted to apologize, " He says. "For getting upset. I just got kind of carried away. "

Your heart warms to his gesture at once. "Namjoon, " His name drops from your lips like honey.  You meet his gaze.  "I don't think I'm the one you should be apologizing to. "

"I know, " Namjoon sighs.  "But Taehyung won't let me in.  I think I've made a terrible mistake,  Y/N."

You press your lips together, wondering if you should tell Namjoon that there was no mistake,  that the mistake was within Taehyung himself.  Taehyung had admitted to you,  and only you,  that he did indeed have some huge secret to hide. What that secret was,  you did not know and you did not think Taehyung was ready to share it. 

"I don't think you're wrong,  Joonie, " You say kindly.  "Just a little... Rough. Give him some time,  he'll come around."

"I hope so." Namjoon nods. "I just hope you're not mad at me. I never intended it that way."

You shake your head, sort or charmed by his adult truthfulness to express your forgiveness.

He looks at your desk. "So, having trouble writing? "