85: Lost

"How did everyone sleep?"

You rub your eyes looking at Namjoon like he was incredibly brave to ask such a question. No doubt most of you had dark under eye circles, bodies weighing heavy like bags as you seated yourselves in the cavern lounge. Now with the noon sunlight you could see that it was as you'd guessed. All sorts of forestry equipment such as rope and pickaxes and bird feed hung from the walls for customers to purchase. The couches in the lounge were lush and soft, situated next to racks of promising articles on trekking, promenading and wildlife. On the far right was a long counter for organizing rooms and whatnot and sunlight poured in through the sliding glass doors.

You'd slept for so long, almost ten hours or so. You'd figured you'd be awake and active but instead you were the polar opposite pulling yourself about like you'd never experienced a wink of sleep. It had been an uncomfortable night, moving about restlessly as your dreams swarmed with all sorts of disasters. Many a time you'd woken up to see Jimin curled up like sushi beside you his eyebrows furrowed as if he was feeling nauseous. You'd wanted to wake him up and to some extent wanted to bury yourself in his embrace and be cocooned and swooned and cuddled to sleep like a baby. You'd wanted to feel safe and alright like a child again who just had to run into their mother's arms to know it was all going to okay.

But you couldn't do that with any of the guys. No, it would just be so wrong. And that revelation as you sat there looking at the sleeping Jimin had broken your heart. You'd never felt so homesick throughout your entire time on this planet and you'd never panged so much for a parental loving figure to stroke your hair and stay with you. Altogether it had been a very heart crushing, remorseful and unpleasant night that had run you through every negative emotion you had contained that you felt their tangible scars still branded across your soul.

"Breakfast?" Jin suggests yawning as he stretches his arms. Jungkook drops his body into the couch he's lying on in surrender. I've lost my appetite, you hear him mumble as he settles to sleep using his own arms as a pillow, right there on the couch. You sigh, feeling lifeless. The events of last night all seemed too crazy to be real but the weirdest thing was that you knew it was no dream.

"I think we should take these few days..." Namjoon begins gently. "To just...relax."

His words were so tempting. In any other circumstance you would have thrown you hands up at once and agreed with it. It was the perfect solution, something no one would object to. You were not just physically tired but mentally exhausted and a happy summer vacation was what you wanted. The only thing was that there was no summer vacation here and...you couldn't. You couldn't stay here and lounge around doing nothing. No. You guys...you had to get home.

"We can't do that," Jungkook speaks out for you. "We have to go home, hyung."

You turn to look at Namjoon's expression but he'd known with his first statement that he was wrong. It was all pointless if you did nothing. You needed to work, needed to figure this all out because it just seemed like the longer you waited the harder it became. And on top of it, you were sick of it. Sick of it all, sick of this planet sick of the same people and sick of living in fear. It was like an endless horrible school camp that you couldn't escape from.

"He's right," Jin catches on, agreeing with Jungkook for once in his lifetime. "We have to go back and find that place again and get that spaceship to w-"

"How do we know it's still there?" you say suddenly with sinking hope. "After all that...the water and all...it's underground. It-it could all be ruined."

No one answers. There are only three people in the room anyway besides you. You supposed Hoseok and Jimin were still asleep healing from their recent injuries, Taehyung perhaps in the shower letting the steam fog up the glass and Yoongi...well he would be sleeping for the next few days. It was just you, Jungkook, Namjoon and Jin here and it looked like Jungkook had already chosen to join the others in dreamland. You wished you could do so but now that you were awake and it was daytime outside you wanted to soak up in the morning light.