26: Apes in Medieval Times

Everyone recognizes it immediately,  just as you and Jungkook had. 

"A radio?" Namjoon picks it up,  surveying it with interest.  The rest immediately crowd around him with curiousity,  poking and touching and stroking it like children in the science lab. 

"Y'all look like apes in the medieval ages," Jungkook rolls his eyes.  "Have you never seen a radio before?"

"Sure we have, " Hoseok nods.  "But... What's it doing here? "

"Does it still work?"

"I think so, " You nod,  sitting down beside Hoseok.  "But not very well. Perhaps just needs a bit of fixing."

Namjoon reaches forward to fiddle around with it but Jin slaps his hands away at once,  the way a mother would do when you'd reaching for a cookie. He picks it up himself instead and looks at it from all angles,  blowing away the dust.

"And you just found it... In the bushes?" Jin says suspiciously.  "Like that?  What an odd place to keep something."

"What were you guys doing in the bushes anyway, " Jimin asks curiously. 

Without even having to turn you can feel Yoongi's familiar look on your back.

"Probably trynna repo-"

"We were playing a game, " You cut him off at once,  blushing hard as you remember what had happened. "And we heard a noise and-

"What's the point in it anyway?" Jungkook says,  unimpressed.  Jin passes the contraption to him and he dangles it from his fingers to everyone's horror looking indifferent. "We have phones to browse music or whatever. "

"No.. No... " Namjoon says,  eyes shining as he holds the thing like it's his very own child.  "This is gold.  This pure gold. We...we can get into contact with other people this way!"

"Huh?"

"Ah! He mean other survivors, " Hoseok claps his hands together understanding and nodding. 

"You still think there are others out there? " Jin asks Namjoon with little belief.

"I've already hit up every station you asked me hyung, " Jungkook protests,  squatting down on his thighs. "And Jimin has searched every inch of that place we were in with his signals.  You put up posts online.  Nothing's worked. "

"He's right, " Taehyung says.  "I doubt it as well.  They'd be searching for us too,  wouldn't they?"

"Anyhow, " Namjoon says,  suddenly feeling very attacked.  "No harm in trying right?"

There is a silence of no opinion as no one can think of a better idea or a reason against his research.

"Whatever. I don't think much will come out of it, " Jungkook shrugs.  His mind is on other things,  which he doesn't hesitate to reveal.  "Jin hyung, did you get any snacks?"

You approach Jimin,  wrapping your arm around his shoulder in a friendly way.  "How you feeling?"

"Y/N don't pity me,  alright?  I'm a man!" Jimin argues.  "And I'm fine.  Namjoonie was here the whole time,  to pass my medicine or whatever. "

Namjoon beams, exposing those deep holes in his cheeks that transformed his face into a dumpling. You can't help smiling at how recovered Jimin looks. 

Perhaps Namjoon's dimples were the best cure in life. 

You try to slip away unnoticed but a crooked finger hooks around the back of your shirt collar pulling you back. 

"And you two, " Jin says,  dragging Jungkook with his other hand.  He whirls the both of you around.  "What's going on?"

"What? "

"I don't know what you're talking about. "

"Don't play dumb, " Jin remarks,  looking from you to Jungkook.  "What was the whole hide and seek debacle about?  Did you guys get lost or something? "

"About that, " Taehyung says indignantly stepping into the conversation.  "Where the hell did you guys go? We were supposed to stick together ya know?  What were you doing? "

Somebody coughs loudly.  He coughs again more persistently,  too raspy to be real. You turn around to see Yoongi lounging in his deck chair,  looking at his phone trying to appear innocent.

"You saw something,  Min? " Jin asks curiously. 

Yoongi smirks slowly.  "I wish. "

You threaten him with a gesture as Jungkook argues with Taehyung. "We didn't lose youyou lost us dumbass!"

"Same difference, " Jin mumbles.

"Oh yeah?" Taehyung defends.  "So you're saying I step outside to take a picture, I get back and you guys have disappeared and it's my fault? "

"Hey hey,  no one is at fault here, " You say stepping between the both of them because they look like they're ready to throw hands. "Let's just forget about it."

Taehyung unclenches his fists slowly,  turning to you apologetically as Jungkook just storms off without saying anything. Jin wraps an arm around your neck,  pulling you close to him comfortingly to calm you down. 

"Oh come on, " Yoongi says disappointed. He lies back down from where he'd sat up interestedly. "I was looking forward to some lovesick action."

"Lovesick?" You turn to him raising an eyebrow.  Yoongi raises both his eyebrows in response,  a gesture you cannot read. 

"Taehyung-ah, " Jin says, arm still around you.  "You better apologize to him at some point.  He's never going to come around then. "

"I'm not," Taehyung snaps, voice going low and annoyed.  "I'm sick of always fixing things.  That kid can just learn to grow up. "

Taehyung stomps off himself leaving you,  Jin and Yoongi to judge his departure. Or rather just you and Jin as Yoongi has disappeared into his own world of unbotheredness again.

Jin sighs,  placing a hand on his forehead.  "Aish,  why are the maknae line always so problematic." He gives you a kind smile. 

"What's going on?" Hoseok asks,  coming forward rubbing his wet hair with a towel.  "I smell drama."

He catches sight of your upset,  perplexed face and bounces forward,  no literally hops forward, leaning down to cup your cheeks in his hand. "Why are you looking so down?  Who did this to you? Hm?"

You try to wriggle your face out of his hands but he's stronger. He links an arm in your other hand and then exchanging an agreed glance with Jin pulls you forward.  "Come on,  time for a bit more sunshine. "

"Nah, " You shrug,  pulling away from the both of them but they pull you right between the both of their bodies.  "I'm too tired. "

"That's the problem, " Jin says.  "You spend too much time with them. The maknae line are so lively and active... And tiring. You're missing out, " He links his hand tightly in yours. 

You furrow your brows,  nor understanding.  "What are you saying?"

Hoseok flashes you grin, moving to the side so you can view Jungkook bothering Namjoon for attention as Yoongi stretches himself out like a cat. 

Jin whistles for effect.

"'Bout time you hung out with the hyungs."

[The next few chapters are quire intense so enjoy the light heartedness]