126: Still With You

Another night.

Another night in this dratted contraption in the middle of nowhere of you tossing around restlessly having so many more reasons to stay awake and procrastinate than to drift off to dreamland.

At least there was peace. After today's embarassing incident he seemed to be quiet tonight. You didn't know what to take away from that but it meant that at least the only burdening thoughts were your own whi-

Namjoon hyung is the only person who can say "I love you" to Y / N without it sounding wrong.

"Not again!" you moan out loud, expression crumbling because of the shortlived quiet. You'd hoped he'd gone to sleep. What did he say? Namjoon was the only person who could tell you he loved you appropriately? That- that was oddly true. But then again, Namjoon didn't really feel like your brother. You raise your eyebrows in the darkness of our chamber, confronting that statement. His thoughts were so random sometimes but they could be eye-opening.

All the food we're eating is basically watered powder.

You grit your teeth. If he was going to continue like this you were going to be far away from the stillness of sleep listening in. You couldn't help it either.

Your stomach growls and you squeeze your eyes shut, arms moving over lower pelvis in discomfort. This was pure torture. A shared brain, a starved stomach, dying lungs ... you were really on the path to heaven.

You decide to grab some water to help soothe the pain of hunger. Not having secured yourself fully in having lost the habit and gotten lazy, you find it easy to drop out of your chamber. As you do so, you think that there have been too many nights where you've been absent from your chamber. But it wasn't only you. Everyone had problems, and you knew that even if you couldn't read everyone's minds, no one went to sleep that fast and easily.

You plug in a packet using the water hydrator watching the liquid fill up the little plastic packet nicely. The more you watched it the more you thirsty you felt. You turn around, uncomfortable with the gloomy silence of the empty spacecraft. It was almost like it was haunted. The little breaths, Namjoon's small snores, the sound of someone shifting and the bed creaking ... those norms were absent. It made you feel alone.

No, it was okay. There was nothing to be afraid of here. Despite that confidence, you decide to glance around just to make sure, for some paranoid reason.

You were so glad you did.

Because there was Jimin, huddled coldly at the viewing point, unmoving. He held himself together by the knees, chest heaving up and down in quick breaths like he was having difficulty breathing. You let go of the packet and the water at once, swiping it off your mind as you instantly swim towards him.

"Jimin? Jimin are you okay?"

"Huh?" Jimin looks up, to see you calling his name worriedly. He gives you a little nod in reassurance, taking deeper breaths to control his respiratory system.

You sit in the air beside him, moving closer to see he has a hand on his chest, guiding his breath and the flow of oxygen in and out. He didn't look like he was suffocating, in fact he looked like be concentrating and meditating. However, it hurt to see him breathe so raggedly and you curse Yoongi's reforms in response.

"I'm fine" Jimin speaks out when you don't. "It's my p-power. It kind of works, especially wh-when I relax but I tend to get scared sometimes when I'm not breathing."

"That's scary," you sympathize.

"Yeah," He huddles up further in himself, the blanket clinging to him as he peeps out of its warmth. You judge his actions with more concern. "Do you feel cold?" Realizing that he'd unconsciously wrapped himself up, he nods softly. Even though he doesn't say it you know why he felt cold. If you weren't able to breathe properly in fact not even breath sometimes at all, your blood wasn't circulating properly and you couldn't keep warm. Jimin was the fish of the group who needed his intake of oxygen a couple of times like a whale coming to the surface to breath in air but otherwise he could survive on that one intake. Like he was underwater.

You open his blanket, scooting closer to him as you wrap it around yourself as well. He doesn't move, almost frozen in his spot as you press your body close to his. "Body warmth is better than a blanket," you inform him, practically. He smiles softly without looking at you, grateful for the response.

"I guess in a world where you feel cold ... you gotta stay gold."

"Stay gold?" you laugh, turning to look at him, humored by that. "I guess you're right Jimin. But you should tell yourself that, your skin is stone cold. Almost like..." you trail off uncomfortably but he nods like he knows what you're saying.

"Like I've been underwater for too long?" he suggests, finishing your sentence. "I think that's what it means too."

"Who knew your ability could work like this?" you say, trying to identify if his skin was a little clammy or wet beside yours. But he was just cold.

"I curse it," he says, smiling a little bitterly. "I gotta say, I envy you now."

"Trust me you don't," you smile back. "Jungkook had some really random thoughts that make me quite uncomfortable. Two days ago he realised that our skeleton is wet."

Jimin winces at that but can't help laughing either. It was amusing to him how there seemed to be a whole different word going on between you and Jungkook that no one could possibly know about. A world revolving around your thoughts, your deepest secrets and your confessions. In fact, by now, you probably had secrets of your own between each other. Despite it all, he found it quite cute that it was you two who were connected.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" you ask him, eyes twinkling in curiousity. Realising he was staring at you he shakes his head, brushing it away. Instead he asks you a random question of his own.

"Can I hold your hand?"

"Of course."

He offers his hand, palm up. As you raise your own hand to slip into his, you notice something a little odd about his fingers.

"Your pinky is so small," you say, a little surprise before grabbing his wrist to bring it closer to yourself. He resist at once, embarrassed as you break out laughing at the discovery. You raise your own pinky to compare, placing it beside his in mild incredulity. It was three quarters of yours and thus probably half that of Taehyung's long fingers. His tiny pinky made Jimin look even smaller than he was.

Pft I told you he was short.

"Hey," he protests, pulling his hands back to his body. "You're smaller than me."

He pouts a little until he raises his eyes to see your biggest default and regret.

"Wow," he grins. "You hair really stands up in this anti-gravity thing."

Your hand goes to your hair and you sigh in acceptance. When you turn to look at him to return his pout you realize how close he his. His face is close to yours yet a comfortable distance that did not suggest anything; make it awkward. It gave you flashbacks to all the times you'd found yourself drawn to this kind, charming soul that was Park Jimin. In fact, it was easy to end up like this because he was so easy to talk to, to open up to, and to indulge in your feels with that all the soft, vulnerable bits that ate you up.

It was the physical closeness too. It added tension because of the way it was seen in society, it brought out that body warmth, that sparkle between bodies and breaths. It make you look more closely at the other person and notice things you hadn't seen before. The light hesitant focus in his eyes, the way his lips trembles and pressed against each other almost nervously. It made you think of Jimin as a man, with masculine energy and strength. And more than that it made you think of him physically, of how his breath was on your face and how he was fine with being these close. You'd never felt that way about him this strongly either before. It killed you how innocently he looked at you yet with that glint of amusement in his eyes. And the longer you stared at those lavish lips, the more mesmerised you were by how they-

"Hey you guys," Hoseok's voice calls the both of you. You jerk apart at once, Jimin coughing, uncomfortably. "Do you know where Namjoon put that book he was reading? I just can't fall asleep."

[what if hobi be breaking kissing scenes for a reason 👀]