123: The Conditions

"Stop stop stop!"

You feel strong arms wrap around your body pulling you away and out of Jungkook's room. Jungkook, now secure in the distance from you, slowly peeks out of his chamber like a bunny out of a rabbit hole. 

"Calm down ..." you hear Namjoon's concerned voice in.your ear. "Tell me what's wrong first."

You wanted to tell him a lot of things. You wanted to it out loud into the spaceship but you couldn't. It was too embarrassing not just for Jungkook but for you as well. You'd have to describe it and you did. not want to revisit that nightmare. It was already fading from your memories gradually like dreams often did, slipping away into forgetfulness. Furthermore you were kind of afraid that if you told them about it they might take up the ideas in the dream. They might actually believe it was a good solution. No, they couldn't never find out.

They would never do that. It's a dumb solution. 

YOU thought of it. 

"So?" Namjoon asks again as you loosen up in his grasp. You sigh, turning away from the both of them. "It's nothing." You didn't want everyone to know about it and there was really nothing important to say-

"I had a dream about her," Jungkook says suddenly, turning to everyone. You go a little red from the fact that he was about to reveal your embarrassing, imaginary, private encounter to everyone here. Thankfully Yoongi takes it another way.

"Seriously?" Yoongi groans. "You woke us up because of some dumb dream?"

"This is probably your fault," you grit your teeth at Yoongi. His dumb joke was getting into Jungkook's head and messing with his own feelings.

"Jungkook-ah," Jin slides into the picture, eyebrows furrowed in slight concern. He bites into some fruit, right cheek bulging as he indulges in breakfast. "How are you feeling now?"

"What are you eating?" Jungkook ignores him, pupils dilating at the sight of food after waking up. 

"Peaches and cream."

"That's it?" Namjoon turns to face Jin, surprised. "Just peaches? What happened to all the sausages and apples and everything?"

"We're rationing," Jin explains, not looking so happy about it himself. "If we're to survive we have to cut down, don't we?"

"How much is left?" Namjoon asks him promptly. A silence falls. Everyone's ears prick up, curious to hear the answer. Food was crucial and it somehow meant more to the rest of you than oxygen or water or protection. It was something you were familiar to feeling the loss of, unlike oxygen, and the rumbling in your stomachs was well enough a sign of how your large built-up appetites had been forced to shrink. 

Jin hesitates. He looks around the group, not wanting to say it. You were a large group of people and you deserved to know the limits you were living on but after what happened with Jimin he couldn't bear to put the pressure on everyone. 

"We have enough," he begins, on a more positive tone, "... for a week."

"A week ?!" Taehyung exclaims, eyes going wide in disbelief. "You're kidding? We're going to have no more food after 7 days?"

"Yeah," Jin repeats, swallowing the peach thickly. "There'll be nothing left to eat."

"It's okay," Namjoon says suddenly, trying to grasp onto a solution quickly. One week such a short limit, there was hardly a count for days in space anyway. "If we only eat when we're hungry, we'll be fine."

"We're always hungry," Hoseok tells him from behind Jin. That was the problem. 

"Remember when Y / N said we'd make it home in three days?" Yoongi laughs, sarcastically, throwing morse humor into a horrible situation. "Well that was a fucking joke."