22: International Playboy

"It's a standby port, " Yoongi surveys through his telescope,  looking all professional.  After three more long days of uneventful sailing,  your ship has finay spotted a new destination.  A more promising destination. 

Instead of coconut trees or endless forest,  the landscape boasts of fishing boats tied up to hooks by a side of the beach.  Behind them are buildings.  A little town or something.

Anyways town to a ship meant supplies. 

"Drop the anchor, " Yoongi orders. "Let's go check it out. "

"I don't think we should all go at once, " Namjoon advises, swinging the wheel towards the island with care.  "And Jimin isn't up to date yet as well. "

"He's right, " Taehyung agrees.  He climbs down from the crow's best his new favorite spot like the monkey he is and lands smoothly on deck.  "There might be obstacles or something. Just to scout the place a few of us should go. "

"So let's make a team of three people for 'scouting' like Taehyung said." Jin decides. "And since we're running out of food,  we have two people to grab whatever is available. That leaves one person here with Chim. "

Everyone goes silent.  No one wants to be that last person.  A hard week of empty adventuring on that boat has left everyone dreary and short tempered.  On land at least, there was the opportunity to get out of the house and go for a drive.  On the ship no such possibilities were given. 

You badly wanted to stretch your legs.  You wanted to feel ground beneath you,  one that didn't bob and rock beneath your feet. You wanted to hear land noises. Birds that were not seagulls or kingfishers.  Animals that were not dolphins or other smaller fish.  You wanted a horizon that consisted of more colours and shades than blue. 

You place your hand forward for the rock papers scissors game,  the new ultimate religion for this life.  Rock papers scissors was the solution: fate.  It was God. 

"First team of three."

Praying hard you chucked forward a rock. Paired with Taehyung. Your heart soars with delight and gratitude and just as you are about to let out a noise of happiness your eyes catch the other teammate.

Your spirit falls and your glance whirls up to meet his just as his meets yours,  both of your rocks clenched. You both look at each other with that silent emotion that only the both of you feel towards each other.  It was quite undescribable.  You could say you were frenemies with this man. 

"What that's so unfair!" Namjoon exclaims. He composes himself at once.  "Fine.... Fine.  I'll stay here with Jimin.  But you guys better be back soon. "

"Yeah yeah we will, " Jin says satisfied and raising a hand for a high five to his partner but met with a judgemental look instead. 

"Let me just grab my camera, " Taehyung murmurs,  disappearing for a quick second.  You help Jin lower the ramp and disembark the ship.  Then when Taehyung returns the three of you set off. 

"Jungkook, Y/N" Taehyung begins.  "How about we make a bet.  Who can find something first. "

Jungkook smirks,  shoving a hand in his pocket.  "You're on."

"I'm in, " You say.  "That is,  if there is anything to find anyway. "

"What did I say? " Taehyung says booping your nose.  "There's always something to find. "

The three of you head past the first array of fish markets towards the center of the town.  Taking the train or something would have been way easier if any of you knew how to drive a train in the first place. Sure Jungkook might be willing to take that risk but you valued your life and Taehyung valued your choice.