31: In Search For Snow

You slowly open your eyes,  the intensity of the sunlight blazing down on you.  Hoseok has long left and you've just been lying here,  too lazy and too comfortable to move. 

The ground floor of this forest was growing soft tufts of green grass,  perfect for a picnic or playing around. As you turn your head you notice small white spots dotting the grass,  almost like dew but the hue of a coconut. You glance back up at the sky in time for something cold yet in a pleasant sort of way touch the tip of your nose.  You shudder in delight. 

Snow.  This was snow.  But... Snow in spring?  This was no ordinary snow.  This was no ordinary life either. You'd learned either way to just flow along with it. It was risky but it was in a way... life.  Whatever life it was.

You sign.  You had to find out soon.  All this was too confusing. The wild creatures,  the fires and now the cherry on top.  That monstrous meteorite.  It had caused all your stories and research to come flooding back to you about how the dinosaurs had gone extinct like that.  Was Namjoon right?  Had you gone back in time?  Were you all going back slowly just to disappear someday?  Was each passing second a turn back in the clock not forward?  Were you reliving days? 

Jimin had come up with a theory before an earlier conversation. As the rest,  it did not shed light on all spots and just brought hope further down.  He believed that perhaps this was a terrain and we were all stuck in it.  Like a Hunger Games sort of situation. Or maybe a dream that we couldn't snap out of.  Then someone had suggested that this life was an experiment on humans and we were all guinea pigs.  Had that meant that someone was watching?  That this suffering was manmade?  Like in Divergent?  More movie suggestions were followed and names such as Avatar and 2012 were mentioned.

And then worst of all,  Taehyung had opinionated that we were all dead and this was life after death.  A cross of heaven and hell,  a way to pay for our sins or some sort. 

Either way, none of those theories gave birth to any hope.  And the fact that were only seven arguers,  the loss of Yoongi,  just put a roll on all of you.  You wanted him back,  more than anything. Even iif you hadn't been close with the man,  he meant something. He was always just... There.  You'd taken his presence for granted and damn,  you regretted that. 

You sit up,  looking out far into the forest.  He was out there somewhere right.  He could protect himself,  he could build a ship or something couldn't he?  He... He would come back.  He had to.  He needed to.  And all of you,  including Yoongi,  knew that. 

A sudden thumping sound behind you,  perks your senses.  You stand up at once,  heart pounding,  hair raising on the back of your heads. You strain your ears to hear,  but nothing. 

Then... Again.  Clearer this time.  Footsteps.  But more like uneven,  rushes footsteps.  You heart beats faster and you feel the déja vu wash over you from the first time you bumped into Bangtan.  This was a person... It had to be?  Right? 

You immediately walk forward,  cautiously,  just in caset his turned out to be some other defromed creature with surprisingly human features.  You narrow your eyes,  trying to catch out shapes in the shades of green.

A head pokes out,  the back of a head you know well.  Your jaw drops and you gasp.  The head hears you and then bounds off quickly into the bushes.  Before you have even thought of moving... He's gone.  But you haven't forgotten. 

Kim Taehyung.  What was he doing? 

"Tae!! " You shout but there's no reply.  Well,  that was strange.  Was he playing hide and seek or something?

You bite your lower lip,  deciding not to pursue it and turn,  heading to the coast.  Your previous thoughts push into you,  poking all aspects of your brain again.  Yoongi. Yoongi.  Yoongi.