36: Epiphany

It's like waking up.  You've been in a  deep sleep,  dreaming a whole cocktail of
an adventure.  You'd fallen into one of those books you'd always fallen asleep on and in them were the unique characters of seven men.  It was of all genres,  a flowing river of unprecedented events.  You were sleeping, calm yet hurried in nature,  confused,  human and now...

Someone had slapped you hard across the cheek.  Reality.  He came screeching through the winter snow,  answers blown on the tip of his tongue.  He snapped his fingers and here it was. 

The truth.  The hard cold crushed truth.  Namjoon's words seem to echo ofoff into the chilly morning. 

This isn't our planet.

This isn't Planet Earth. 

"What are you t-talking about?" Taehyung scoffs suddenly,  in disbelief.  All of you snap out of your thoughts and turn to face him.  He looks flabbergasted. 

"Of course this our planet, " Taehyung argues.  "How can it not be?  How would we get on some other planet just like that?"

Yoongi clears his throat,  as if he hadn't spoken for years and his voice came out rusty.  "Yeah, " Is all he says.

But Namjoon's mind has rolled far.  His pupils shake like he's doing math calculations in front of him and his chin is stuck out in all seriousness.  Drawing conclusions faster than rabbits breed he looks kind of hot in his complexion of solving this riddle. 

You exchange a look with Hoseok as you both turn to Namjoon.  "Hyung are you okay? " Hoseok asks tentatively. 

"But look, " Jungkook points to the camera on the drone. It's clearly not what the planet is supposed to look like.  From the hawk eye view of the drone you can all see pretty far and wide,  the horizons expanding far beyond seen from the naked eye.  It was a mix of all sorts of fantasical things.  The sea was looking oddly purple in an area.  The trees formed different shapes from above and places far off in the distance were of completely different nature than from where you were. Nothing looked as it was supposed to look and titbits of this entire adventure had already proven that. It even looked like the sun was shining towards the North whereas all around snow drifted in the air.

And that clouded fog,  hanging like a blanket above all that abnormal forestation and sea just gave it a different vibe. It was like the same sight with 3D glasses on,  or with a more colorful filter. A mirage,  in other words.

"This is not our planet, " Jungkook repeats Namjoon's words.  "Unless it's ch-changed... completely. "

"It has, " Taehyung persists. "That's the only explanation.  No one can just travel through space like that.  This is not Narnia or anythin. "

"No." Namjoon replies at once, staring all of you.  His confidence reveals itself in a  strong posture and that satisfied look on his face.  He's got it.  He's found the answer.  The answer you were all looking so long for. 

Namjoon meets Taehyung's eyes clearly.  "This is the truth.  The bizzare truth untold.  The truth we've been searching for. "

"And how can you say that?  This makes absolutely no sense.  How would we have phones, internet, cars."

"That doesn't prove anything.  We don't know anything about the planet.  Anything is possible. "

"But not this. "

"You can see it yourself. "

"I don't know about this hyung, " Jimin says a little unsure himself. Everybody looks torn.