48: Yeontan

"Taehyung hurry up!" Hoseok called impatiently, banging on the horn. It blared noisily expressing his haste as he glared through the windshield. His annoyance turned into suspicion as he saw a questionable lump underneath his coat. But Hoseok was too impatient to think much of it and Taehyung was too quick.

The RV door pushed open and Taehyung burst through, flashing Hoseok an apologetic look before quickly scouting away.

Hoseok opened his mouth to call after him but before he could do so, a strong Jungkook's ass slid into the driver's seat, toppling the already ready driver to the floor. Jungkook quickly strapped himself to the seat as Hoseok stood up, now furious.

"Jeon Jungkook! What the hell? What are you doing? It's my turn. "

"Hyung it's never your turn anymore."

"He has a point," Jimin mumbles from the back absent-mindedly but is immdiately silenced by the look on Hoseok's face.

"What are you talking about? I drove the first shift before and we're all damn alive."

"First shift? You drove this motorhome at almost a hundred miles per hour." Jungkook stamps on the accelerator, setting off down the road before he continues.

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "It was a long empty road, what was I supposed to do? Go slow?"

"You we-"

A loud yelp interrupts him. Both whirl around at once, having developed strong reflexes for small noises during their lifetimes here. You look up from your drafts as well, tense. The RV rolls to a stop immediately and Jungkook peers over the driver's seat. Everyone looks equally confused, but there was one who's confusion was so highly exaggerated it could have only been acting.

"Taehyung," you say narrowing your eyes. Another yelp follows, a young high pitched sort of yelp, not one a grown man would make, but more of a baby animal noise when they were excited or hurt.

Something moves across the couch. Taehyung moves at once to hide it, but it's too quick. It rolls of from behind him and tumbles to the floor. You shriek and Namjoon jumps onto a stool. Jin flails his arms rigidly residing into the kitchen at once while Yoongi looks unfazed, as if this such unusual events were of a daily happening. Which was partly true.

You lean closer unconsciously, a look of disgust falling across your face. It looked like a ball of leaves, swirling with brown and green and yellow although the brown looked as though it could just be smudged dirt. Furry and small, it let out a low groan. You supposed if nature ever choked up a fur ball, this is what it would look like.

"Taehyung what on eart- what did...where did y-"

"I found it wandering alone on the other side of the convenience store," Taehyung is quick to explain. He reaches forward picking it up and placing it softly in his lap. The ball of fur adapts to him fondly and unrolls itself to reveal what you could only describe as a puppy.

You had to admit, it was kind of cute. Despite the strange colours it wore and it's daringly thick eyebrows that gave it a sort of dissatisfied look, it was a baby. Four stubby legs and a mane of beautiful fur, on Earth, this would have been a German Shepherd puppy or something along those lines. But the most stunning about it was its eyes. Large, doting, purple eyes.

"Aw its so cute!" you remark, warming to it at once. Taehyung's face brightens up as his boxy smile greets you on behalf of the creature. "Isn't it?" he drawls, proudly. "He looked so lost. Can I keep him? Please?"

The question isn't directed at you, though. It's Namjoon's unconvinced appearance that Taehyun is appealing to. "Hyung please? He doesn't bite or anything. I've always wanted a pet..." Taehyung's jaw shakes in exaggerated sadness.

"No." Namjoon shakes his head, looking back at the creature. "It's dangerous. We don't know anything about the animals here. This thing could eat us alive while we're all sleeping for all we know."

Hoseok's eyes go wide beside Jungkook's who's eyes go wide with interest and awe.

"No way~" Jungkook murmurs.

"We're not keeping that," Jin says, wiping his hands on a cloth. "Namjoon's right. We can't assume what it will become or what it can do now itself."

"No Jin hyung please," Taehyung clutches the odd dog towards his chest further. "Yeontan won't do any harm, I know it. He's still so young."

"Yeontan?" Jimin prods.

"He's already named it," Jungkook laughs, accidentally beeping the horn scaring Hoseok and Jin with the sudden noise. "I want to keep him too."

"I don't give a shit," Yoongi grumbles. "Keep it, don't keep it, whatever."

"What is that thing anyway?" Jimin says looking disgusted, peering closely at Yeontan. "I...I'm not too sure." You suppose Jimin's previous horrifying experience on the beach that day had something to do with his vote. Sure enough, he soon adds. "I can't trust any of the creatures on this planet, after the first time."

You tickle the furry creature under its belly with a finger, loving the soft yelps of joy it gave. With Hoseok persuaded by a pleading maknae line, the majority won and Yeontan lay in Taehyung's lap as the RV set off on it's journey again.

Namjoon refused to engage with it but you didn't really care. You don't recall having any pets so you decided to treat Yeontan as your first. You glued yourself beside Taehyung as the both of you experimented with the new addition to the family, feeding him all sorts of scraps and encouraging him to play around the vehicle.

Taehyung was ecstatic. He showered the dog like creature with more love and attention than it wanted. It scampered about the little RV earning a few "aww"s except from Namjoon and Yoongi who refused to lose their cool faces to such a creature.

Suddenly, the RV lunges forward.

The world spins, tires screeching as it skids violently on the sandy road to a teetering stop. You stumble forward for balance, banging against the kitchen wall. Thud. Thud. Bang.

"Oww! What the fuck!"

A sugar bag falls from the shelf to the floor knocking Jimin to the ground. He groans. Pots and other cutlery clang loudly as they slide off the counter.

And then it stops.

You let out a painful moan, rubbing the bumps you'd earned. There was commotion outside. You could indistinct voices yelling and talking to each other as one complained to another about bad driving or whatnot. You try and remember what had been happening before you'd got in here. Pulling yourself to your feet you push open the sliding door that divides the kitchen from the rest of the RV but as you crawl to a standing position a blood-curdling screech resonates throughout the entire van.

It's Jungkook. That's the first thing you think as his voice encompasses the entire vehicle. Your blood goes cold. You can't move, scared for your life. What's happening?

There is a silence.

You move to the front to find out what is going on. Wading your way through the other boys you join Jungkook in the front. And that's when you see it, through the windshield.

That's when you know Yeontan had been the worst mistake ever.

[I'm lateeee cuz Halloweeeeen]