51: Forever Rain

Namjoon pushes back his glasses a little as he goes over your first draft. You watch him a little nervously as he goes over your work.  It somehow meant more,  having Namjoon read your work than having your professors or tutor go over it. He was a professor,  you remind yourself. 

"What do you think?" You ask.  He looks up a little startled as if he's forgotten you were there. "Y/N, " He says truthfully.  "I love your writing.  It's so fluid and easy to read. "

"Really?" You say a little more joyfully. 

"Yeah!" He nods a little enthusiastically.  "Though I have a few ideas,  if you don't mind?"

"Sure, " You say,  leaning back in your chair not caring anymore. As long as he liked it, it didn't matter.  "You mean changes to the storyline?"

"No,  look, " He takes off his glasses and pushes them behind your ears as if the glasses were the secret behind it all. "You could do it like this. "

Sudden thunder crackles in the sky and he jumps,  frightened by the loud noise.  You smile sadly.  "Sorry it's raining on your birthday. "

"Why do you say that?" Namjoon says looking good out the window.  "Don't you like the rain?"

"I mean,  it's all cloudy and dark and gloomy when it rains isn't it?"

"Yeah, " He leans forward.  "But without rain there wouldn't be rainbows would there?"

A smile spreads across your face.  "I guess not."

"Rain is a refreshing thing. It cleans out all the heat and the frustration. And with it comes a comforting sound and the scent of earth."

He crosses his arms. "I don't get why people dislike it so much. I guess it does have some inconveniences... "

He turns looking at you, sitting beside him, pondering over your book. A pen being fiddled with between your sweater paws, and the soft lamplight he can't help feeling a sense of bliss.

"But at times like this, " He smiles softly. "I wish it forever rain."

His dimples glow in the soft lamplight.  "You look cute with my glasses, " He chuckles.  "It makes your eyes bigger."

"They make me feel professional, " You explain, grinning back. "They give me writing,  intelluctual,  smart,  iq 148 vibes.  I need that from you."

"Is that how you see me?" Namjoon asks suddenly.  But instead of a joking sort of tone he looks serious.  Like your answer really does matter.

"Well... er... " You say,  caught off guard.  "Its not just that.  You're so much more than that.  You're sweet and responsible and smart... "

"And sexy?" Namjoon prods. "What about sexiness?"

"S-sure, " You cough,  trying to clear the hesitation as he's looking at you so expectantly. 

He holds your gaze for a while before breaking into a small smile. "I'm just teasing you,  Y/N, " He chuckles,  poking your cheek softly. "Humour. Something you should implement in your book. "

You follow his smile with one of your own.  His teaching methods were unique and experimental.  He wasn't boring and textbook.  He brought you into your book with a real life sort of feel.  Sitting here beside him as you two work on your draft makes you sort of feel like he was your tutor or something.

"Humour?" You ponder.  "But I'm not funny.  And I'd only think of cheesy,  stupid things to say.  Maybe,  I should get Jin to help me. " You wink.