98: Leftovers

[dusk]

"I still can't believe it," Hoseok laughs in the awkwardness. You hold up your bag more heavily on your shoulders hating how they were still talking about it. You'd all long left that town and were well on your way but the discoveries made did not die down so easily. You were still recovering from it. It was extremely hard to acknowledge.

All this time, you'd seen Namjoon in a different way. He's been somebody with whom you share your interests, someone who was extremely charming in his own way and who had an attractive intelligence. He's had a strong leadership you'd admired and he'd always assured some sort for structure or plan or safety. And now...

He was your brother.

It changed everything. It made all those past memories totally disgusting. How could you think of your own brother in that way? Yet he couldn't be your brother. It... It made sense but it didn't fit because you'd replaced that relationship with a new one. Worst of all you were afraid that now your bond with Namjoon was broken and tainted forever. The two of you could never work together again or it would take a long amount of time to adjust to the idea. Even that, you couldn't imagine even adapting to the fact that Namjoon... Kim Namjoon... was your brother.

"It's too weird," Jungkook says nervously. He jogs up a little head, walking backwards, switching his head from you to Namjoon both of who were walking far away from each other. It was annoying and frustrating how everyone treated you now. You were siblings not twins.

"Stop," you growl at Jungkook. "It's not like you've never seen us before."

"Wait a second," Taehyung begins with a wide smile that only spelled trouble. He gleams those perfect teeth at Jungkook. "Doesn't that mean you like Namjoon hyung's little sister?"

Jungkook face drops with the realization as Yoongi cackles out loud in delight.

"Like?" He shrugs Taehyung in glee, throwing his arm over his shoulder. "He's in love with her."

Laughter breaks out among the group: Jimin laughing so hard he can't see as Hoseok's popcorn laughter echoes into the sky. Jin cleans every window in the two mile radius where Yoongi and Taehyung clutch each other in the humor of their own joke. The only three people who aren't smiling are you, Jungkook and Namjoon.

"That's too good," Jin declares as the laughing dies down.

"We're here," Namjoon announces suddenly, voice sulky and down. He looks totally done and tired with everybody and all of this. You can't help but sympathize.

However at his words everyone looks up in sudden seriousness.

After what felt like days of walking, you'd somehow made it back to your starting point. You look around trying to identify the landscape around you but it didn't seem familiar. All you could see were trees and trees in the distance and the house that had been your home before was nowhere to be seen.

"This is the place right?" Jungkook begins a little unsure.

Had you guys come to the right place? But you could feel it was right just...nothing was the same. Taehyung stops beside you, whipping out his phone. There had been great argument on who got possession over the three phones scouted in a nearby store and as usual it had quickly been solved by a bout of rock-paper-scissors over lunch. Unfortunately you hadn't been one of the lucky ones, in fact you hadn't even been given a choice due to your telepathic skills which had been considered communication enough. The point was that if ever anyone was hurt or got lost they were able to find the others or find another. In your case your only emergency dial was Jungkook. You look at Taehyung enviously as he quickly swipes through his phone.