64: The Plan

"There we go."

Namjoon grunts as he gives the door a final kick. It goes crashing down quite easily despite being build of the toughest materials and metal in order to keep it's inhabitants safe in outer space.

"Great," Jin mutters. "Keep adding things to the list of what we gotta fix."

As soon as the scraping sound gave way to a hollow echoing thump, the eight of you scrambled forward eager to see. You, a little behind the group, run quickly along the upper ramp to join the line. Everyone wanted to peek at the interior of the spaceship. Of course, it was of common interest and this was something nobody, except perhaps for Taehyung, had expected to witness in their lives.

The first thing that caught your eye was how much smaller it was from within compared to how it looked from outside. It was darker inside the only light light pouring in through the thick front screen and then he door. Seokjin flashes on his torch, picking out the control station, and the vast amount of other wires, buttons, knobs, boxes, and containers that you couldn't identify or name.

The next thing that you saw in the dim light were the firm seats, built into the floor, facing the control stations and outside. You immediately set to counting them but Namjoon was faster.

"Eight." He says out loud. "Eight seats."

And that was it. The first proof. This was definitely how all of you had landed here, because there were exactly eight seats for the eight of you. Unless there were other space stations with other spaceships and more seats...it was highly unlikely that you would have come another way or that this was meant for someone else.

"This is it." Yoongi breathes, from behind you. "Our time machine."

His words hold great significance. He was absolutely right. It was like a time machine. It had taken you from one time to another. From a time where you all lived your own separate lives in oblivion of each other's existence to now...where eight strangers had grown together over almost a year and now depended on the other more than ever.

From safety to a danger.

From ordinary to extraordinary.

From Earth to ARMY.

You smile a little as you recall the name Jin had given this planet. It was so odd but somehow it fit so well.

"We're supposed to f-fly this?" You can't help but stammer, incredulously. There was one thing you knew for sure. You didn't fit here. Science was not your genre. And no one here knew it well enough to man this vehicle into outerspace. You were all learning from scratch.

"This is so... " Taehyung was shaking with electric excitement, his cells vibrating vigourously with passion. "THIS. IS. SO. COOL."

"HYUNG WE'RE GONNA GO TO SPACE."

Jungkook rushes forward grabbing Taehyung's hand and pushing it back and forth. "Are we gonna fly around with no gravity and stuff?"

"I don't know but I hope so!"

"Ah that's the thing, " Namjoon leans against the door a little sadly. "We don't know."

You bite your lower lip a little disturbed by that. The more you found out the more you seemed to not know. This whole thing was beginning to feel more real and real as you kept going forward. There were so many things that could go wrong. In fact, the chances were way higher that you would fail this impossible mission than succeed. You turn back to the complicated fashionable interior of the spacecraft with a more doubtful look than the previous excitement. This was your escape but this could also be your death.