21: Stranger Things

Namjoon shakes his head, holding out empty outstretches palms as emphasis "We got nothing. "

"Were you even looking?" Hoseok sideglances the both of you suspiciously. Taehyung, ignoring his teammate continues with the report. "Yeah, us too. We walked for miles. Mostly rocks and stuff. There was nothing to see, though there were some questionable footprints sometimes. "

"Questionable how? " Namjoon asks curiously.

"You know, " Taehyung says, shrugging as though it was a universally known fact. "Bird type prints."

"What?" Hoseok says, turning to Taehyung surprised. "I didn't see anything like that. "

"Well I did, " Taehyung counters.

"What about you guys? " You ask Jimin in curiousity. Jimin turns to Yoongi with an accusing look before glaring his words out.

"We? We couldn't have found anything if we wanted to. This guy is so lazy, it's like walking with a turtle! "

"Lazy am I?" Yoongi responds. "Well, wasn't I the one who started our fire? Cooked our lunch while you went straying off in the dirt. "

"Yeah Jimin what have you done to your clothes? " Jin explains. "Did you go into a mudpool or something? You're filthy!"

"I. Was. Searching. For. An. Answer," Jimin growls.

"In the middle of the Earth? " Jin exclaims at Jimin's appearance. You can't argue with that. The guy looks like a tribal man who'd grown up on this island and had never seen a cellphone.

"It's kinda cute," Taehyung says grinning, sitting with his arms wrapped around his knees. "You look like Groot. "

"A dumb Groot, " Yoongi mutters. "Didn't find shit. "

"Cause you didn't help for shit, " Jimin snaps. As the tension boils and another fight looks like it will break out you think fast.

"So what did you guys find? " You say brightly, trying to lighten the atmosphere. Against Namjoon's predictions, the Jin and Jungkook team were the ones who had stumbled upon something real.

Team Kim Seokjin always won, you guessed.

"You won't believe it, " Jungkook grins obviously satisfied with himself. "We were casually arguing on our way up this little slope. And that's when we smelled it. "

"Smelled it? "

"That's right, " Jin nodded, joining the convo. "We smelled it. Smoke. "

"We thought it was maybe a tribe? Or one of you guys? It had to be survivors right? That's what a fire generally means. "

"But guess what, " Jin peeps in again. "No people. No humans. Just fire. But here's the catch... "

"It's like the old fire. It's lazer burnt. It's ashes. There were only a few sparking flames. No amount of oil or paper could burn out a place that fast. "

"Like one back home, " Taehyung says eyes wide. "Do you think they are linked?"

"It's too odd of a coincidence, " Hoseok agrees. "I mean... What are the chances?"

"We looked around everywhere, " Jin continues. "Searched the place top to bottom, east to West, north to South, inside out... everything. And this time... No missives. No naval factory."

"Did you check above?" Namjoon pouncss immediately. There is a silence. Jin and Jungkook exchange inexplicable looks. Their expression are unreadable except for the fact that they most probably planned out this pause for suspense together as they talked out the way they would tell the story on the way back.

"Of course... " Jungkook breaks the silence, cooly. "And... "

There is another silence for a few seconds. Just as it looks like it's about time drag longer and Namjoon and Yoongi are ready to choke both of them Jin speaks.

"And there it was, " He breathes. "The hole in the sky. "

Jimin squeals. You gasp, clutching yourself in fear. This is freaky. The second time in a row, there happened to be an opening in that green fog up there for a fire? What was going on?

"This is so creepy, " Hoseok whispers, shivers trailing down his back.

"I told ya, " Taehyung says, eyes going dark. "It's the aliens. "

Everyone goes quiet as they sink in this piece of information. This news changes everything and yet you still know nothing. You suddenly feel very unsafe. What were these fires? What if you happened to be in one of the locations are burned up into a crisp yourself?

It's was dangerous. Everything underneath that fog was risky.

"What did you guys do?" Hoseok finally asks. You all look up expectantly at the two.

"What do you think? " Jin says incredulously. "We ran! We ran as fast as we could. We didn't want to stay there any longer. "

"I don't want to stay here any longer either, " Jungkook whispers softly.

Everyone exchanges looks. The fire that you'd started up for the evening starts tn lose its vigour just like the sparks of enthusiasm you'd all started out with today. Things were just getting more and more dangerous somehow.

"Yeah, " Yoongi says with finality . He stands up, clapping the dirt off his hands. "Let's set sail. "

[Allnightallnightallnightallnightallnightallnightallnight]