Precious Gift

Anaya's POV

" There are a lot of things that can be changed here." RD said and I rolled my eyes.

" What can be changed? You yourself has chosen this interior design before. Now what is bothering you?" I asked her.

" I don't like that purple color." She said.

" You do like purple. It's your favorite color and it's your favorite shade as well. So stop whining." I said.

" Ann!!! You are so cruel. How can you scold me like that? You forgot how much I love you and have taken care of you?! Now you are scolding me?!!" She said with twinkling eyes and I rolled my eyes. Problems you will face having a pregnant woman at home.

" I have made your Mac n cheese. Am I still cruel?" I asked her.

" You did?!!" Her face lit up like a kid and I sighed deeply.

RD never liked Mac n cheese before. See now?!! Pregnancy hormones has changed her upside down. She doesn't like her favorite shade of purple but she is getting crazy for Mac n cheese. God help Josh to handle this crazy pregnant woman.

" Yes, it's already done. Come taste it." I said and helped her to get up.

" I am still fine. It's only 2 moths now. Relax." She said.

" Alright. Come." I said and took her to the kitchen and made her sit on the chair. " Here your Mac n cheese." I gave her the fork. She started to have it and to my surprise she finished all of it. I kept looking at her weirdly.

" What happened?!" She asked me.

" Nothing." I shook my head. " Was it tasty?" I asked her. She took my hands and kissed on them.

" You can win the MasterChef, Ann. Why don't you try?" She asked me. I sighed.

" But I thought you don't like Mac n cheese." I said.

" I do like it now." She said.

" Alright. No worries. As long as you are full there is no say." I said washing the dishes.

" Ann!!" She asked me in a very sweet voice. I turned a bit to see her.

" What happened now?!" I asked her.

" I am still hungry." RD said. I looked at her weirdly.

" What?!" She asked me. I cleared my throat.

" Umm..ahemm... Nothing. Nothing at all. What do you want to have now?" I asked her.

" Ann, I am craving for lasagna." She said pouting and I sighed nodding weakly.

" Ok. Wait, I will arrange it." I said and took my phone to order it from out.

" Ann, I want to have the one which is prepared by you not any other chef." She said and I looked at her weirdly. "Please!!" She pouted. I sighed deeply. " Besides, things can be unhygienic if you are getting from outside. It can be harmful for the baby. We can't let that happen, right?" She asked me and I nodded. I started to make lasagna for her.

" You can go and take rest until it's prepared." I said to her and she nodded.

" Ok, Ann. I am waiting." She said.

" Have your medicines before you do anything else. If your husband calls me and finds you haven't taken your meds then he will have my head." I said.

" Then I will show him the hell as well. No one dares to hurt Ann." She said and I shook my head helplessly.

" Girl, have your meds. It's good for you and your baby." I said. " Josh hasn't told you to take it without any reason. It will help you." I said to her.

" I think he has done his degree properly. He gave me a tasteless diet. I hate it. Which doctor does that? I should have consulted with a gynecologist." She said.

" Every doctor does that. Tries to help the patient. He knows very well what he has done. You stop whining. That one is a balanced diet. You have to follow it. So, stop whining." I said.

" How can you take his side? You are my friend." She said with a grumpy face.

" If you are forgetting not only me but also Josh is in your side. We all want what is best for you." I said and she pouted.

" I just can't have that much. It's way too much for me." She said.

" Then how did you finish the Mac n cheese completely?! It was way too much for you as well." I said.

" It was tasty." She said rubbing her stomach. " Both tummy and mummy are happy." She said and I chuckled.

" Those food are tasty as well. You never thought like that." I said.

" I miss your recipes, Annie. You have special ways to make every dish unique. God knows what you do to that." She said.

" I have made you Mac n cheese before but then you barely have once or twice." I said to her.

" But it was different today. You might have put love in it." She said.

" So, I used to not put it before?" I asked her.

" You did but may be you put way too much of it." She said and I sighed.

" So, no one makes you food with love at your in laws?" I asked her.

" No, no. They do. But your love is different from them. You are my sister, may be this why." She said.

" Don't skip meals RD. If you insist then I can make you foods every day. But still have your meals. If not it will harm the baby." I said. She nodded and sighed deeply.

" Then stay with me till I give birth to my baby." She said.

" Umm... I .. I will think about it and let you know." I said.

" Ok. I will be going." She went upstairs.

I made her lasagna and went upstairs only to find her sleeping there hugging the pillow tightly in her room. I chuckled. I pulled the duvet and checked if she had her medicines. She did. Thanks God. I sat on the couch and started to check a magazine when the doorbell rang. I went to open the door and found the squad. I mean Bryan and Marina along with Josh.

" Hi??" I said like a question.

" Hi?!!" Bryan said.

" Suddenly you all broke down here?" I asked them.

" I am hungry. We thought to have lunch with you." Marina showed me the pizza box. I chuckled.

" I have made lasagna for RD but she slept before that." I said.

" She hasn't taken her lunch yet?" Josh asked me.

" She did. I made her Mac n cheese. She was whining a lot. Then she whined for lasagna. I was making it but she slept." I said.

" No worries. We will help you to finish it." Bryan said and I rolled my eyes.

" Where is she?" He asked me.

" Sleeping upstairs." I said and he ran to her room. I chuckled.

True love is a precious gift.