Courage

Anaya's POV

Zayn wrapped one of his arms around me. I tried to find out why he was clutching on his shoulder like that. I tried to touch his shoulder but he stopped me.

" What happened?" I asked him.

" Nothing happened. Don't move." He whispered gritting his teeth. I looked at him weirdly.

" Zayn!!! You ok?" I asked him.

" I ... Yes." He said.

" What are you hiding from me?" I asked him.

" Nothing that I am hiding from you. What will I be hiding from you? Silly." He said and bite on his lower lip.

I removed his arm from me and checked his shoulder. As soon as I touched his shoulder he hissed in pain. I felt my hand was drenched. I looked at my hand found it was reddened with blood. My eyes widened at once.

" Wh...what happened?" I asked him and he pulled me back at once I found something hit the glass wall where I was standing awhile back.

" Who...wha..." I couldn't finish something hit that place again. Zayn pulled me again. " Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!" I squealed at once in fear as I heard another gunshot.

Suddenly someone entered there and pointed the gun at us. I looked at him totally shocked. I turned to see Zayn he was looking coldly at that gunman. I found Drake behind that guy. I don't know what he did in a blink, I just found his hand coming down on the gunman's neck the next moment he was on the ground and Drake knelt on the ground took the gun away and searched for something in his body. He checked his pulse.

" Hmm, alive." He said to Zayn and I kept looking at Drake weirdly. I was thinking how had he defeated the guy with gun barehanded that to in a blink. " You ok?" He asked Zayn.

" No, I am not." He said. " The first shot almost got me." Zayn said and I looked at him totally shocked. He was shot that time!!!

" You should and get this treated." Drake said to Zayn.

" Don't worry. I am fine. Where is Ali?" He asked Drake.

" Yeah, can see that how ok you are." He said to Zayn.

" Leave it. There is another one. He shot me at first." Zayn said.

" Ali went there." He said.

" Is he alone?" Zayn asked him.

" No, he has got Damien with him." He said. Zayn looked at the guy laying on the ground senselessly.

" Check if you do know him." Zayn said to Drake and sat on the ground clutching his shoulder. I sat next to him.

" How is that happened?" I asked him. He looked at me at once.

" Why did you come out of there?" He asked me.

" I... but... What is the relation between your being shot with my presence here?" I asked him and he shook his head.

" Why have you come out suddenly? Everyone was inside." He said to me.

" I...umm..." I don't know if I should tell him about that or not.

" Come on, tell me." He almost yelled at me. I closed my eyes.

" I came...came to see my friend." I said to him.

" Which friend? Your friends are inside. Everyone of them." He said.

" Umm.... Her name is Safiya. She has texted me to meet her here." I said.

" Where is the text?" He asked me and I quickly showed him the text. Angry Zayn was scary one to deal with.

" Where is your friend now? She must be around if she has said you to come here to meet her. There is no single person around. If there is then our security people would have found them out already." He said gritting his teeth.

" But she..." I was saying but he cut me before that.

" Shut up!!! You might don't value your life but there are people who loves you blindly. Someone told you to come and meet him or her like that and you will come out without confirming anything?! It can be your friend is in danger and they used her in this game. They wanted to kill you. Do you have any idea if I haven't pulled you in time what would happen??! That bullet would hit your head. Damn it!! Idiot!!!" He said and I kept silent. Tears burned my eyes. I don't know why it hurt me that much. I know he was right. I shouldn't come out like that. Anything could have happened. But he could say things normally as well. Why does he has to scold me. I sobbed trying not to cry.

" Hey!!! Don't cry. You deserve that. It's your fault. How can you be so stupid!!! Someone can use her phone to trap you as well. Are you really that stupid or you are drunk?" He asked me. I wiped my tears and was about to got up from there. He hold my hand and glared at me.

" Leave my hand." I said.

" If I leave your hand then you will be sitting there tied with that couch." He said in a dangerous tone. I rolled my eyes.

" I am stupid. I need to show that to people." I said to him.

" You don't have to. People already know that you are stupid." He said and a fresh set of tears were ready to spill down my cheeks.

" Quiet. No more tears." He said gritting his teeth. May be he was in pain.

" You are cruel." I said

" I know that. Stop acting like Elif. If not then...." He took a deep breath. "Then will tie you up there and sew your lips together." He said and I sighed deeply. I kept silent just because he saved my life and got hurt for me.

I was thinking who can that be. Who tried to kill me?! Is that Safi!!! No way. She will never ever try to kill me. It can be her father. Definitely it was her father. Damn it!!! Why didn't I get that before?!! He must know that I am here. What will happen now?!! I clutched on Zayn's hand. He turned to me and looked at me for awhile.

" Everything will be ok. Don't worry." He said. I kept looking at him. Don't know why these simple words from him gave me courage to fight with the situation.