Spreading Happiness

Anaya's POV

"Oyster Shore"
222/7, Istanbul

I read the house sign. I looked at the house and smiled. Beautiful architecture it was. It was a Villa having a vast area. There was a beautiful garden in front of it and a pool near that. The entrance was very creative. The metal gate of the Villa had written the first kalimah in Arabic. I was surprised with myself that I still remember to read Arabic even if staying away from that all these years. I suddenly was feeling ashamed of myself for creating that distance between me and my creator. I like forgot him totally for all those incident happened with me. I was a selfish person which I was feeling right now. I mean not just right now. I am feeling that since I have met Elif. She reminds me of myself when I was young. I sighed deeply.

I looked at metal gate there were a oyster in the middle of it. It was pure white having a blue pearl inside. I don't know why but I was feeling a bit weird about the name of the Villa. Oyster Shore. There were an oyster on the gate as well. There may be a reason. I took out the headscarf and covered my head with that just like Elif does. I brought Elif's gift with me. I just remembered that it's her birthday today before I was coming out of the hotel. May be this is why they have invited me. I looked around if I can find someone.

" How can I help you, ma'am?" One of the guards said. I smiled.

I was there in front of Yilmiz's house as they had invited me for a dinner last week. I asked Seher about Yilmiz family. They were a perfect and happy family. I wish I had a family. I sighed deeply.

" I have an invitation. Please, inform Elif that Annie is waiting here." I said to her and he called inside. Then opened the gate.

" Please, come in, ma'am." He said and I nodded.

I was about to turn but suddenly I heard the familiar squeals and the next moment the smiling Princess jumped on me. I was about to fall down on the ground but handled it somehow. She was literally hanging on me like a monkey. I chuckled at her childishness. She was so so cute.

" Happy 18th birthday, little girl." I said patting her head. She got down from me. Thanks God.

" OMA!!!" She said.

" What happened?" I asked her.

" You do remember my birthday?" She asked me.

" Who can forget the little fairy?" I asked her and she giggled.

" No one." She said.

" Come. Come inside. Everyone is waiting for you." She said

" Waiting for me? But why?" I asked her.

" Because they want to meet you. I have talked about you a lot. They want to meet you in person now. They will be very happy seeing you today. Hihihihi." She said and I chuckled. Crazy kid.

I don't know how to explain the feeling. It was a mixed feeling. Like happy and sad and a bit nostalgic. I sighed deeply and controlled myself. I can't be weak now. I just can't be. I don't want to show the world that I am weak inside. I just don't want to be weak. I want people see the strong side of mine. If you show people your weak points they will hurt you talking about that again and again. So, it's better to hide your weaknesses and never let them come to light ever.

" Where are you lost?" Elif asked me. I shook my head smilingly.

" Tell me one thing Elif." I said.

" Yes, what is that?" She asked me.

" I mean it can be a bit personal. I hope you don't mind." I said and she nodded.

" What is that?" She asked me

" Actually I was a bit curious about the house name of yours. I have never heard this kind of name. Oyster Shore." I said. She chuckled.

" Oh, that?!!" She said. " Actually that was my great grandma who named this place as their house. They used to have an aquatic farm then. They used to cultivate oyster to produce pearls. This is why they named their house Oyster Shore. That name hasn't changed even after generations have changed." She said and I smiled.

" Do you guys still have that farm?" I asked her.

" No." She chuckled. " But I really wanted to see that." She said.

" Yes, me too." I said to her.

" So, that's the story of Oyster Shore." She said. " You are not new to ask that. There are many people who has asked that before. But let me tell you I love to explain this anyways." She said giggling. I chuckled. Kids!!!

" Your great grandparents must be very hard-working. They have made an empire cultivating pearls." I said to her and she chuckled.

" Yeah, they were. I heard from grandma that they were very nice and I look alike my great grandma." She said and giggled.

" Then not only you Amaira also looks like her. Because you resemble her completely." I said to her and she nodded.

" Yes, may be." She said and I chuckled.

" You haven't seen her?" I asked her.

" No. She died when Amaira was 2 years old. Even before Zayn was born. So, there is no way of mine seeing her." She giggled and I smiled shaking my head.

" Why is the Villa not decorated today?" I asked her.

" Why will it be decorated?" She asked me.

" Isn't it your birthday today?" I asked her.

" Yes, it is. So?" She asked me.

" So, there is no party at home for the birthday?" I asked her and she chuckled.

" I spend my birthday in the orphanage nearby with the kids. Distributing gift to the kids. The smile I get in return is the best gift in the world. There are people who gifts me things anyways but they have no one to do so." She said and I looked at her completely shocked. I have never ever thought like that. I smiled patting her head. Allah may always help and protect her. Ameen. I sighed if only people would think like her as well. Spreading happiness.