The Conversation

Zayn's POV

" Kuchi kuchi ko." Elif said to the little boy who was sitting on Mrs. Rovenstine's lap. I rolled my eyes.

" He will be scared." I said to Elif.

" Of me??!" She asked me.

" Yes, of you." I said.

" He will not be afraid of a cute girl like me." She said and I rolled my eyes.

" Good." I said.

" Hi, baby. I am Elif. What's your name?" She asked the baby who touched her cheek and give a kiss on her nose. I looked at them weirdly.

" Baabie." He said in his babyish voice.

" What is he saying?" Elif asked Mrs. Rovenstine. She chuckled.

" He thinks you're a Barbie." She said to Elif.

" Really?" Elif asked squealing.

" Yes." She said.

" Can I?" Elif extended her hands to take him from her.

" Sure." She said. " Go, baby."

" Mammam." The baby looked at Mrs. Schwartz and I was really confused actually whose baby it was.

" Go, sweetheart. She is cute. Isn't she?" Mrs. Schwartz said to the baby kissing on his cheek who giggled on that. He came to Elif.

" What is your name, Baby?" Elif asked placing a kiss on his cheek.

" His name is Nyle." She said.

" Oh, cute name for cute baby." Elif said. " I thought he is your baby." Elif said to Mrs. Rovenstine. " But your baby is so cute, Mrs. Schwartz." Elif said hugging him. They both laughed listening to her.

" What happened?" Elif asked to them.

" He is neither my baby not RD's." Mrs. Rovenstine said.

" But then why was he calling you mammam?" Elif asked her.

" I am his godmother. That's why." She said.

" Oh. Ok." Elif said. " Then whose kid he is?"

" He is Patrick and Clara's son. Clara is Steve's sister." Mrs. Rovenstine said.

" And Patrick is Josh's cousin." Mrs. Schwartz said.

" Oh. Got it." Elif said.

" Actually, Patrick and Clara have taken Nova to visit the doctor. She wasn't doing well these days. So, they left him to me. Steve is not at home as well. This why took him with me." She said.

" Oh, who is Nova?" Elif asked her.

" His elder sister." She said.

" Oh, he has a sister? She must be cute like him?" Elif asked her.

" Yes. She is. She is very very cute." She said and Elif smiled.

" Wanna meet her some day." Elif said.

" Sure." She said.

" Awwww, he is sleeping." Elif said looking at the Baby who was sleeping peacefully in her lap. I chuckled as she was looking at the baby so affectionately.

" If you guys are done then can we start?" I asked. They all turned to me.

" Hmm.. sure." Mrs. Rovenstine said.

" I think Mrs. Campbell has told you guys about that already." I said to them.

" She did but let's hear your points." Mrs. Schwartz said.

" My point is simple. We want her to go back there." I said to her.

" But we don't want to let her go." She said.

" RD." Mrs. Rovenstine said. " Let him finish."

" I bet you guys know her story. We are searching for her all these years around. But she was nowhere to be found." I said to her. " We had filed a case on that killer. But the court declined it because her statement was needed." I said.

" Which killer? Her mother's?" Mrs. Rovenstine asked.

" No, the one who has killed her father." I said to them.

" What?!!" They asked totally shocked.

" What?" I asked them.

" Her father was killed?!" Mrs. Rovenstine asked.

" Yes." I said.

" But she always said that she died in an accident." Mrs. Rovenstine said. I sighed deeply.

" She is unknown about many things. Her father hasn't met an accident. They had killed him and showed it was an accident." I said to them.

" What??" They were really shocked.

" Yes. They are after her as well. If they come to know that she is alive then they will not think twice before killing her." I said to them.

" Now what do you want us to do?" Mrs. Rovenstine asked me.

" If you guys tell her to trust us then she may trust us. Otherwise she will not. Because they were also her father's friends. They were trustworthy as well. Still they gave betrayed them. You can understand my point." I said to them.

" How can we trust you?" Mrs. Schwartz asked.

" Would you trust Annie with your kids?" I asked her.

" Of course. She is more than a friend for me. She is my sister for me." She said.

" Anaya's father and my father were like that. May be more than that. Even her mother was a close friend of my mom as well. They were like our family." I said to her.

" Oh. Why didn't you guys took step against them immediately?" Mrs. Rovenstine asked.

" When my parents failed to contact them for a long time then they went to search for them but Mr. Rashesd told them that Anaya's parents sold everything and went back to Iran. My parents searched there. But they couldn't find them there. Because they were not there. But he kept making us confused. We were just so messed. We found it out Anaya's mother died. My parents went there to find her out but she had already run away from there. Since that day we are searching for her crazily but she is nowhere to be found." I said to them. They nodded.

" When I found Anaya here in NYC she was trying to attempt suicide." Mrs. Schwartz said.

" What?!!" Elif said and I felt my heart trembling in fear. Fear of losing her though I knew she is ok now.

" Yes. Then I took her to my house. That's how she started to live with me. We started to work together as well." She said. " I might be the only witness of a fragile girl being the strongest one. I mean she had to. She had no other options. When she had told me her story I was really very upset. I mean I never had my parents. They were alive still were dead for me but I never could imagine their departure like that and there she had seen her parents being buried." She said. I was about to answer her but my phone started to ring. It was my mom. I talked to her and come back.

" Alright. We agree to help you." Mrs. Rovenstine said. I looked at her weirdly.

" Thank you." I said.

" And if you want to take her permanently then we don't have any problem. You can ask for help if you need in that." Mrs. Schwartz said. I glared at Elif. She gave me an innocent smile.

" You are welcome, Bro." She said and I rolled my eyes.