Groom

Zayn's POV

" Brooooooooo!!!" I heard Elif squealing. I shook my head. She must have done something today.

" What happened now?" I asked her.

" Bro, come with me." She started to drag me with herself. I sighed deeply. Kids!!!

" What? Tell me now. I am getting late, Elif." I said.

" Guess what happened today?" She asked me.

" That's what I was asking you. What happened?" I asked her.

" Umm... Guess, Bro." She whined.

" What?! You found a fossil of a dinosaur in the garden? Or you found a treasure in your room?" I asked her.

" No, nothing like that at all." she said and I sighed.

" Then what happened?" I asked her."You found a beautiful dress in the mall but Mom is not letting you buy it?" I asked her. Cause this happens once or twice in a week.

" Oh, Bro!!!" She said and I sighed.

" You know I can't do that. So, you enlighten me." I said to her and she sighed.

" Bro!!! What will I do with you?! Why are you always clueless about facts?!!" She said and I chuckled patting her head.

" Ok. I am a foolish. I accept that. Now tell me what happened?" I asked her

" Hey!!! Don't call my brother foolish. Only I can call that to you. I didn't give anyone else that right. Not even you yourself." She said.

" Ok, kid, ok. Tell me now what happened?" I asked her.

" I saw Annie today." She said and I felt my heart skipped a beat.

" What?! Where?" I asked her.

" Near my school. I was coming back from school I saw her on the street." She said. From where will she come here suddenly?! Elif must be joking.

" You were dreaming. She can't come here all on a sudden." I said to her.

" She was there for real." She stomped her feet.

" I am sure you were sleeping." I said.

" I have pinched myself." She said.

" But you don't have the mark here." I said. She looked at me irritatingly.

" Mom!!! Mom!!! Bro is scolding me." She was going upstairs to complain Mom against me.

" Stop, little one. Stop. Please stop." I said to her and hold her hand. She glared at me.

" I was just saying like that. Why will she suddenly come here. She doesn't have any relatives here or friends as well."I said to her.

" That doesn't mean she can't come here. This is a very beautiful place as well. She can come to have a trip as well. You are growing up and your brain is literally getting damage a bit by bit, Bro. You have to consult with a psychiatrist." She said and I chuckled.

" Yeah, then she might have come here." I said.

" Why are you so cold with that news? You should get excited isn't it?" She said and I chuckled.

" Why should I get excited? I haven't seen her with my own eyes yet." I said.

" What do you mean, Bro? You can't trust me?" She asked me and I sighed.

" I haven't said something like that. I was saying that I haven't seen her myself to get excited. But may be she is here for some work. We may not meet this time. We don't where she is." I said.

" I have her number." She said.

" She must have changed it since she is here now." I said.

" Hmm... Then what will we do? How will we meet now?" She asked me

" No worries. I will find her out soon if she is here in the city. " I said to her. She smiled.

" I really wanted to meet her." She said. I chuckled.

" Really?" I asked her.

" Yes, she is cute. Doesn't keep irritating me like you." She said twisting her lips. I looked at her weirdly.

" I keep irritating you? Ok, I don't have anything to say." I said to her.

" Definitely. What will you say. That's truth and no one can deny the truth." She said and I chuckled.

" Go, get freshen up and come to have lunch. We have to have our lunch. Mom is waiting." I said and she nodded.

" Where is Dad? Where is Amaira?" She asked me.

" Dad has gone to meet Uncle Afan and Amaira is in the study. You inform her that lunch has been served already while going to your room." I said to her and she nodded.

I went to the dining hall and sat next to mom. Amaira and Elif came. They sat across us.

" Amaira!!" Suddenly Mom said.

" Yes, Mom?" She replied.

" I wanted to talk to you about something very important." Mom said.

" Yes, tell me, Mom." She said.

" As Saahil is getting married now your dad and I was thinking about something. You both are almost of sane age. Now you are also established in your career. You are doing great, Mash Allah. What do you think about marriage?" Mom asked her straight.

" Marriage?!" She was a bit shocked and confused. " I don't want to get married now, Mom. I am not thinking about this now. I need some time." She said. Elif shook her head. I looked at her weirdly.

" What's the problem? Tell me. We can talk about that. Do you have any choice of your own? Do you like someone? If there is someone then you can talk about it." Mom said.

" I don't have time for those stuffs. I will get married but not just now. I need some time. You guys can find out a groom but I am not ready to get married now." She said.

" Your grandmother also wishes that. She wants you to get married now. She was saying that the other day." Mom said.

" Grandma was saying that?" She asked.

" Yes, she thinks she doesn't have enough time. She at least wants you to get married before she closes her eyes." Mom said.

" No way, Mom. She will not leave us that easily. I will talk to her. Why does she thinks like that?" She asked

" That doesn't matter, Amaira. The fact is nothing is certain. Anything can happen in life. You are 28 now. You should get married now. You asked for time. Don't you think you achieved everything that you wanted the time for?" Mom asked and she sighed deeply.

" Ok. If you guys think it's right then alright. I will not disagree with this." She said. " Search for a groom." She said. I sighed and Elif squealed. I chuckled at her childishness.